Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Running out of ideas...potty training help!!

Hi ladies! My son is potty trained as far as #1 goes...he always goes in the potty for that and we haven't had an accident in months and months! It's #2 that is giving us the hardest time! He will go on the potty about half of the time but that's after me begging and pleading for him to go on the potty...I can always tell when he needs to go and so I plop him down on the potty and after begging and/or bribing him with prizes he will finally go. The other half of the time he either goes in his underwear or goes in his diaper when we put him to bed for the night...then waking us up to change him. (He still wears a diaper at night and for naps). He turns three august 10. I wouldn't be stressing as much as I am but he starts preschool back on august 25 and they have to be potty trained completely to start the 3 year old class! Any tips at all to get him to go #2 on the potty? What am I doing wrong?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Running out of ideas...potty training help!!

• Options
    You aren't doing anything wrong. He just is being stubborn. My DD wanted to use the potty at 2 1/2. I had just had twins so I wasn't looking towards doing it til the summer. For weeks she was pee trained but refused to poop. She would hold it for days. Ped suggested miralax to keep her going often enough. We went through several weeks of a poop dance that would last for hours. I would even offer diapers ir pull ups. We got a few poop books that we read at least once a day. We talked about poop a lot. She will tell you that daddy poops rainbows. We put glitter on the poop before flushing & do a dance as we wave good bye. She has just gotten the hang of it the past 2 weeks. I think the books & a u tube poop song have made it more fun. I also let her call daddy or grammie afterwards & they both make a big deal out of it. She uses the toliet & has a potty in her room. The past few days she has chosen to use the potty. I think it's more comfortable for her & she has more privacy. It's a lot more common than I thought. Good luck & just keep positive.
  • Options
    TiffanyBerryTiffanyBerry member
    edited June 2014
    It might well be uncomfortable for him to sit on the toilet.  Have you tried other sized toilet seats, letting him poop over the toilet standing (stools on either side, if he's long legged enough), helping hold him, etc.?
    ETA - I mean uncomfortable to sit with his cheeks spread wide by the seat - it feels different to poop that way than to poop standing up.
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"