January 2013 Moms
Options

Pity party: Hand Foot and Mouth Disease

So my DS came down with HFMD this past weekend. He got the fever, slight rash, blisters (lots of red ugly blisters) on his hands, arms, legs, and feet. He is feeling a lot better now, and the blisters are starting to crust over and heal. (gross, I know) But now me and DH are starting to get sick. :( I am taking tylenol to keep my fever in check, but fever, chills, exhaustion, and sore throat in addition to my pregnancy nausea and fatigue just suck. Apparently I never had this as a kid, so I get to experience it now. 

So, that's all. I'm just b*tching because I can. Woe is me. I hope DH and I feel better soon, because DS won't stand being cooped up at home much longer. 
BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pity party: Hand Foot and Mouth Disease

• Options
    DCKateDCKate member
    Same here!!! DD had a high fever (103.5) out of nowhere, and now the gross rash. Hang in there!
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • Options
    Same here. It is no fun. I just want all the red bumps to heal. She's feeling much better today, started Monday.

I am hoping I don't get it. Fingers crossed.

Sorry you got it. Being sick with a sick little one is the worst
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, I am so sorry!  DD had it last month and when I got it I was totally miserable. Feel better soon!
  • Options
    DCKateDCKate member
    How long does the rash last? Poor DD looks red and bumpy:(
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • Options
    Ugh, DS got it this weekend.  I felt horrible because I didn't realize that was what is was until after he started getting the rash, so he was at daycare all week spreading it around.  Thursday night he didn't eat much, was drooling, sticking his fingers in his mouth, slight diaper rash, and had a low grade (101) fever.  I thought he was teething, so I gave him ibuprofen and sent him to bed.  

He slept okay, but woke a few times and cried out.  I'd check on him, but he'd already be back asleep.  Saturday morning he woke up with the rash all over his feet, legs, hands, and ears, and I realized, OMG, he's been at daycare with this nasty stuff.  He was pretty good most of the weekend, just a little irritable, and took extra long naps, but when he wakes up he itches his rash and just says "owe-y, itchy" over and over.  I feel horrible for him.  DH and I aren't showing any signs, so I'm thankful for that, but I just want my happy boy back!
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • Options
    Ah so sorry! DS had this a month ago and it was so awful. He wouldn't eat and his throat was so sore - I felt so bad! Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"