May 2014 Moms

When to use travel system without car seat?

Hi ladies as a FTM I was wondering when did you/will you start using your travel system stroller without the click in car seat??

Re: When to use travel system without car seat?

• cnbeancnbean member
    I started using it probably around 4 or 5 months old with DS1. Pretty much as soon as he had better head and neck control. But he hated his car seat so it wasn't very fun to leave him in the car seat screaming while we did errands, so we may have done that a bit earlier than we would have otherwise. 
    image    image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • RachelCA29RachelCA29 member
    edited June 2014
    It depends on the stroller. We specifically got one that you can use the stroller from birth because we do a lot of walking in our neighbourhood and on paved trails. Not jogging or anything, just smooth road walking. Our stroller adjusts to lie basically flat and has head padding so it's safe for newborns. If the stroller you have is in a seated position I think you have to wait until the baby can sit up on their own to use it.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Loading the player...
  • anniemore said:

I've heard you need to wait until they can sit up unassisted which is anywhere from 4 to 6 mos.

This. I can't wait to be done with the bucket seat in the stroller. DO loves being awake for stroller rides (not a nap helper) so he will love sitting up and looking around.
  • Thanks ladies :)
  • XathXath member
    Depends on your stroller.  You can use a stroller from birth if the recline goes flat, or nearly flat back. 
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"