January 2014 Moms

How long does your baby jump in jolly jumper for?

My LO LOVES his jolly jumper. We have a musical mat underneath that has different settings for dancing musical, silly sounds etc and he just goes to town. It amazes me the height he gets from jumping but he never looks like he gets tired. He's in there for up to an hour at a time sometimes and that's once in morning and sometimes in evening too. I'm not sure the recommended amount of time but just wondering how your LOs like jumping and how long they tend to go in it for?

Re: How long does your baby jump in jolly jumper for?

• I was at my friend's house and DD was using her daughter's. She LOVED it. She stayed in there for 25 mins then had enough. I thought it was hysterical. I wish I had molding around my door frames so I could get one.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • @MiaMyPuggle‌ we have a free standing one! It takes up more room but our the way our house layout is our door frames are down the hall so it wouldn't be easy to watch LO. We have the free standing one in the living room and had it downstairs in our rec room before. It's great, they are so entertaining not only for baby but for mom and dad too :)
  • Loading the player...
  • It's a pretty wide range. Anywhere from 10-30 min, but he could probably go longer. I usually take him out after 30ish min to do something else. If I really have to get things done it's a huge help bad he can stay entertained.

We don't have the one that attaches to the door frame. We have a jumperoo that is on the floor.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Anywhere from 15-20 minutes. She loves it too, but I don't let her stay in for very long. I usually use it at the end of the day when I run out of ideas to keep her happy and its simply way too early to put her to bed.
  • Anywhere from 10-45 mins. He loves it!!

Married July 14, 2012

Hudson - January 7, 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• cnctfcnctf member
    We have the FP jumperoo and though it seems like she can go longer, we only allow her to use it for 15-25 minutes.
    image=
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have the Jumperoo set up and he'll stay in that for up to 45 minutes. It helps that DS1 loves to entertain him by acting silly, which gets DS2 laughing, which in turn makes him jump more.  It's hilarious. I caught a video of it yesterday because it was too funny.
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• We have a jumparoo and DS will stay in it for 10-20 minutes cause his feet don't touch the ground and he gets mad
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
  • @Tylynngrace - try folding up a quilt or comforter and put it on the floor under his feet to make it so he can touch maybe? I remember other people doing that on DS1's BMB.  I haven't had to do that (DS2 already needed it raised up a level), but I'm sure it could work.  
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• CopperT0p said:

@Tylynngrace - try folding up a quilt or comforter and put it on the floor under his feet to make it so he can touch maybe? I remember other people doing that on DS1's BMB.  I haven't had to do that (DS2 already needed it raised up a level), but I'm sure it could work.  

I was just going to say this. I used towels with my first bc he wasn't heavy enough to get to the ground.

Sometimes we bring it outside too so then I'll put towels under him so his feet aren't pounding on the deck or cement.

• CopperT0p said:

@Tylynngrace - try folding up a quilt or comforter and put it on the floor under his feet to make it so he can touch maybe? I remember other people doing that on DS1's BMB.  I haven't had to do that (DS2 already needed it raised up a level), but I'm sure it could work.  

I was just going to say this. I used towels with my first bc he wasn't heavy enough to get to the ground.

Sometimes we bring it outside too so then I'll put towels under him so his feet aren't pounding on the deck or cement.
    I just did this and now she can jump. Before she just in it and laughed while playing with the toys for a few minutes but now she lives jumping since her feet touch the blanket.

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Mine both love it for about 15 min and then they're over it. Just so you know, my mom works with a bunch of physical therapists and they told her we shouldn't use them more than 20 min a day. something about their hips.

imageimage

• I was told by my public health nurse that they should not be in a jolly jumper for more than half an hour total in a day.  (Something about developing muscles - I can't remember the exact reason.)  That being said, my little guy can only handle about 10-15 minutes.

• DD likes being upright but she doesn't really bounce around. I rotate to something else after 15 mins or so.

• My 5 month old hasn't really shown much interest in jumping so I haven't started. This being my 2nd, I still think of her as a tiny baby and get scared about her neck etc even though she has excellent neck control and is almost sitting independently. My DS was in jumperoo by 5 months which he loved. But we limited it to 15 mins at a time.
  • DS does about 10 minutes in his jumper. The other day I put him in it while I was washing bottles and when I peeked to check on him he was fast asleep in it. He loves it and DD loves sitting next to him while he is in it.
  • km_mdkm_md member
    DD is one of the younger babies on the board and because her reflux is so bad I feel like some of her physical development has been a little slow (just because of a lack of practice with sitting and tummy time). So we just tried her jumper for the first time the other day. She did well and really seems to like it but it does tire her out so I don't keep her in for very long yet. Just a few minutes at a time.

• @km_md I actually use our jumperoo and exersaucer probably more than I should because it helps keep her upright and entertained for a good amount of time after a feeding to keep her reflux at bay. The feedings I put her in the exersaucer for 10-15 mins after, she rarely spits up. Even if I hold her, she spits up a ton, but something about these contraptions keep her from spitting up. 
  • km_mdkm_md member
    @amt0312 - that's great that it helps! DD does spit up no matter where I have her or how she is sitting or laying, so that isn't what stops me. It's the days that she's in so much pain all she does is cry, eat a little, and sleep. She's been doing really well the past week or so, so we've managed to get in some jumping and lots of tummy time, but I'm just taking it slow with the jumper.

• We have a jumperoo. It was also my understanding that it was to be limited to 30 minutes a day. Currently, we break it up into a couple shiort seasons per day. We raised it to the middle setting because her feet were flat on the floor (they shouldn't be) bit her toes don't quite touch now (they should). So we have a rolled up towel so she can reach and jump.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"