Single Parents

University x Parenting

Has anyone else tried going back to school after becoming a parent? Is it worth it, or too much work? I'm trying to get a degree, and it's only been a couple days of class, but I miss my kids, and I know not spending enough time with them is going to affect them negatively in the future. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make attending uni and being a single mom, easier?

Re: University x Parenting

• @lurchbaby thanks for your comment but i think im going to take matters into my own hands now. ive gotten some hate on here, and i think what will really help myself and my children, is if i just go and try really hard in college and at my part time job for now.
  • @lurchbaby i appreciate your comments, and yes, i know i should think even more before i make a post. im going to get off now though. i don't appreciate all the other comments other people are giving me and im getting tired.
  • Loading the player...
  • tig594tig594 member
    OMG don't post to that board.  They will rip you to shreds if you sneeze wrong. 
  • I may be to late but my son just turned one and I've just completed 6months of tertiary education, towards a degree, it's bloody hard I couldn't do it without support but it's going to build an amazing life for my son and I :)
    Good luck I hope you pick what right for you but every second I have with him I make count and I don't do anything but spend my time with him and do my school work, I never take away a second from him unless it's to provide him a better future!
    My time outs are now shower time and sleep hahaha but it's worth it :)
    I should say if I had the energy for a girls night out I'd be there lol but I can assure I'm too tired for that!
    I think you need to do the best you can for you both and only you know what that is, it's not an easy road and not everyone will like your choices but if you are at peace with the path for the two of you, screw them ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"