3rd Trimester
Options

Having trouble sleeping. Any advice or solutions that you've tried?

I'll be 30 weeks Saturday and just about my whole pregnancy I haven't been able to get a good night's sleep but now that it's starting to get closer I feel like I need all the sleep I can get before the baby. I tried unisom but it had me drowsy the following day I don't know what else to do can anyone offer any remedies that they've tried. TIA.

Re: Having trouble sleeping. Any advice or solutions that you've tried?

• Options
    I was told I could take Tylenol PM and I did and it worked! It doesn't make you pass out...once I fall asleep I actually stay asleep and even when I get up to use the restroom I lay back down and able to fall right back to sleep and I don't feel drowsy the next day at all.
  • Options

Thanks ladies!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My snoogle pregnancy pillow has been a life saver for me, I've also been taking benadryl before bed
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    amwenzamwenz member
    I rock on my exercise ball in the dark and am able to move to the bed when I start getting really sleepy. I've also not made a bed time because that doesn't work. Showers and then using a lavender lotion to rub my feet and belly help start my relaxing. I've also found some breathing videos on YouTube or you can do your own and those seem to work a bit.
    Started ttc may 2012 Me:32. Dh:31 SA- 4% morphology Fsh:9.1 possibly not always ovulating Hysteroscopy/lLap 7/13 resulted in polyp removal, uterine septum, and mild endo stage 1 removed 10/13 IVF #1 successful 
    BabyFruit Ticker}

• Options
    I would recommend listening to a relaxation or hypnobirthing track when you go to bed.  I don't think it matters if you're planning on hypnobirthing or not, but the tracks certainly knock me out when I'm wanting to go to bed, but not feeling tired enough, or feeling like my brain is on overdrive and I can't shut it down. 

Try listening to the Rainbow Relaxation track here: https://archive.org/details/HypnoBirthing  It sounds a bit tacky with the background sounds.  DH and I chuckle at it every time it starts, because it sounds like a dream sequence from a 90's sitcom, and also the woman sounds a little bit like Betty White :-P.... but it does do a good job at relaxing me :-)

• Options
    Our bedroom is rather full (DH, 2 dogs and the gentle sounds of the gurgling turtle aquarium), and I get up 3+ times a night to go the bathroom, so I've had issues sleeping my whole pregnancy as well. I have a body pillow and while this helps me get comfy enough to fall asleep, I cannot stay asleep unless I move to the guest  bedroom where it is totally silent and I have the whole bed to myself. I don't know if this is an option for you, but if you have that room available, you might want to try it a couple of nights a week, at least. DH isn't even a bed hog, but I've found I am more relaxed if I don't have to worry about other bodies in the bed and can lay down however I need to to get that maximum level of comfort (if that's even possible).

• Options
    I've been sleeping in a recliner chair for the past few weeks...so much better than laying in bed!
  • Options
    High dose magnesium is a natural sleeping tablet. Works for me. Also hot milk before bed helps. And the pillow nest. Good luck zzzz
  • Options
    My Dr gave me the ok to take 2 Benadryl...I've taken them a few nights but didn't notice a ton of difference so I quit taking them. Haven't tried anything else. GL!
  • Options
    listening to the hpnobirthing stuff on your tube...cant believe it works- but it does. Found the "rainbow relaxation" one...

• Options
    oh- sorry just saw pp recommending the same thing!
  • Options
    I totally agree with PPs about hypnobirthing or hypnobabies tracks- they knock me out!

If you're looking for an all natural solution, rub pure lavender oil mixed with coconut oil on your feet and put on socks before bed. It's kept me sleeping through the night from 17-32 weeks so far! You only need 3 drops of the lavender oil and maybe a quarter-sized scoop of coconut oil. Good luck!
  • Options

I took a small dose of Ambien last night and slept for hours. It was amazing. I feel like a million bucks today.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I slept 6 hour straight last night without moving!! I have not done this simce...pre-preg? I attribute it to a full belly, a completely empty bladder (to start), and a good room temperature. I am just so lively now with that sleep «good sigh».
  • Options
    Sorry for the late response but thank you all for your suggestions I'm going to try some of them because I'm getting crankier by the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"