Multiples

Changing OB and Hospital at 35 Weeks

Ugh I just need to vent.

Saw my OB today and I am now officially changing hospitals and OBs. At 35 freaking weeks! I'm glad it's getting done now rather than not at all, but I'm upset with my OB for not doing this sooner, like at 30 weeks even.

I have to change due to several high risk factors, including having di/di twins and having GD with insulin. I've been taking insulin at night at least since 21 weeks though, so it's not like these factors are out of the blue! Just aggravated and hoping I can see the new OB within the week (by 36 weeks), which is the plan, but we'll see! I just have anxiety issues and all this change so late is just driving me nuts. The new hospital is really nice and has a great, new NICU in case babies need to have a bit of a stay there.

On the plus side babies and I are still doing great! Had my NST, too, and Baby A was moving a lot and they both were perfect, which is always reassuring.

Anyways, thanks for letting me vent.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Changing OB and Hospital at 35 Weeks

• @MDLS2010 I thought I said a few reasons. Oh well. I'm not leaving her, she's transferring me to an OB that delivers at the new hospital. Apparently I have 4 red flags: high BMI, di/di twins, GD with insulin, and prior pre-term labour (lost twins in 2011 at 22w3d). In my mind, the biggest risk is the insulin since the babies will apparently need IVs possibly to regulate their sugars, and our local hospital only has a nursery, no NICU. I delivered my daughter at the local hospital in 2012 at 39 weeks, but had no GD nor did I have twins of course. 

@AnotherDreamer Yeah that's what pissed me off the most! I've been on bedtime insulin at least since around 21 weeks and known we were having di/di twins since 7 weeks, plus I've always been heavy and my OB delivered my pre-term twins (and DD), so that was no shocker. She apparently really liked me and didn't want to give me up, but I'm like that's a silly reason. Still don't have an appointment with the new OB so I'm getting kinda frustrated since they could arrive any day now really.

Just kinda needed to vent it out b/c I was so stressed and I still have no induction date which is also annoying! *deep breath*

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Exactly! I only heard about this as a possibility at my first NST at 34 weeks. The nurse who performed it looked at my chart prior to seeing me and was concerned. 

She's cool with twins and whatnot, but it's the hospital that didn't feel comfortable having me deliver there, and b/c I need to go elsewhere, I need to see an OB with privileges at the new hospital. Either way, I guess she couldn't handle it technically since I can't deliver at her hospital.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"