October 2014 Moms
Options

Target Return Policy-Baby Registry

Does anyone have first-hand experience with returns off a registry at Target? I was told by someone who registered with them six years ago that they only accept exchanges off a gift registry with a receipt. And if there is no receipt, they only accept something like 5 items for exchange. I'm the type that even if I'd get the gift receipt, I'd probably misplace it at some point before delivery, so this is definitely a deciding factor in where I register.
Thanks in advance for the intel!

Re: Target Return Policy-Baby Registry

• Options
    On their help page under the section about registry returns it says if you dont have a receipt you can use your gift log from your registry to show what was purchased. I would assume you probably receive store credit which is fine by me. But it didnt say anything about a limit on items to return.

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Options
    Wait.. I just read a line that said "you can make a limited number of no-receipt returns"... seems fishy to me.

imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    And in my extensive Googling I've found the amount $70 pop up a lot. So probably limited to that amount of non receipt exchanges. Make sure you have someone save all your receipts at your showers. Keep them in envelopes!

imageimageimage

• Options
    ntipntip member
    Thanks for doing the legwork-I may just stick with amazon. These brick and mortar stores are working really hard to lose customers.
  • Options
    Yikes, my registry is mostly at Target so this is a little worrisome!
    imageimage
  • Options
    AargAarg member
    You can only return something like 5 items without a receipt every 30 days I believe.
    Just call your local target and ask the customer service desk. Or next time you go to target ask. Simple as that :D
  • Options
    So I just called my Target because I'm registered there and asked. She said if you're registered with them, they can use your registry as a receipt and you can return however much you want for store credit. If you arent registered with them, but recieve gifts from their store or online and no receipts, then you're limited to a $70 limit per year. Which makes sense. So I guess if you're registered I wouldn't worry about it!

imageimageimage

• Options
    MrsSinner402 - said is correct. My friend told me all about it. If its on your registry, returns will not be tough, but anything off registry and they have limits.

Lilypie - (urRB)

• Options
    We had some issues with our Target registry after our wedding, mainly my MIL and the rest of DH's family does not know how to purchase off a registry. (It was seriously just my MIL and her sisters!!!) We got duplicates of things, and yet they were marked not purchased on our registry. Of course none of them included a reciept. So, I had to get store credit for what it was on sale for at the time. bummer. If your family knows to have them scan/lookup the registry at check out, it wasn't a problem and Target was really good about it. If your family can't do that, then make sure you get reciepts the day of the shower! (I asked MIL for reciept about a month later when I got around to doing my returns and found out it was listed as not purchased, she had already lost it. )

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

baby development

• Options
    starla487 said:
    Definitely print your gift log before your due date so you have the most recent copy. Registries tend to disappear quickly after the event or due date.
    Really? My wedding registry is still there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not so much concerned about returning things with the gift log -- it seems like they will accept that -- but I'm concerned about people not marking things off. So, it's ON my registry. They bought it. But they never scanned it. That's what I'm concerned about.
  • Options

I returned a ton of stuff to Target without receipts when I had DS.  We registered for the standard Dr. Seuss books (Cat in the Hat, Are You My Mother, Oh the Places You Will Go), and I got a ton of repeats.  After one shower I returned 3 Cat in the Hat's and 2 Are You My Mother's along with a car seat rear view mirror thing, a ton of diapers and wipes (DS didn't fit into NB sizes and we cloth diaper), and a bunch of clip on stroller toys.  I also returned a Boppy and a humidifier at a later date.  All of them were on my registry, and I think the Boppy and the mirror were the only ones with receipts.  They never questioned me.  I always got store credit, so if you're looking for cash back, I don't know if you'd have any luck.  DS was born in January 2013, so it was relatively recent when I made all these returns.

Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • Options
    Your registry stays on file at Target for 90 days after the occasion-date. 
    Source: Target registry FAQ here

Another thing to consider, you could always add off-registry items to your registry if you don't have a receipt and think you might want to return them. I'm not sure how far up to the occasion-date you can add items to your registry, but it could work for some things.

Also, returning items to Target without receipt, they keep track of the 5 item limit by scanning your ID. So, if you were really in a bind you can give items to other people to return for you.
    They must be really behind, because my wedding registry is still there, and I've been married over a year now.
  • Options
    SPurp13 said:
    I'm not so much concerned about returning things with the gift log -- it seems like they will accept that -- but I'm concerned about people not marking things off. So, it's ON my registry. They bought it. But they never scanned it. That's what I'm concerned about.
    This is my concern. Will they still accept your registry as a receipt for items if they weren't marked off properly by the gift-buyer?
  • Options
    I had a lot of family buy diapers for me from Target last round and I didn't have a registry.

I exchanged a lot for different size. They can scan the sticker bar code on there and see it's their store... It is a large rectangular bar code.
  • Options
    Copying most of this from a previous comment i made on another thread. We used Target to register for our wedding 4years ago. Everyone at my shower claimed they had what they purchased checked off on the registry list, however I received multiples of almost everything! When DH & i tried to return we had such a hard time, because we did not have gift receipts for anything. I wasn't able to return anything on my 1st trip despite speakin to a manager. I went home printed out my registry, return policy, bad-mouthed them on Facebook. Friends and family who had receipts offered to send them, most didn't keep thinking it was on the registry and I wouldn't need. On my 2nd trip they tried telling me no again. I pitched a major fit (i hate to do that) spoke to another set of managers and finally after arguing for a while they took everything back. I love Target as a store but will NEVER register with them again. The dups may have been a glitch at the time or no one wanted to fess up that they screwed up. Either way it was too much of a fight to do the returns. If you do use them maybe note somewhere for those who may buy for you to please include a receipt when they give you a gift or at least hold on to them so you don't have issues later.

I do know of others who have had a better registry experience than I did, but that was my experience.
    Me: 33 - PCOS & Hypothyroidism DH: 35 - SA is good Married since 2010 (together since 2006) TTC since June 2009 (we knew we would have issues and wanted family right away after we got married). No pregnancies yet. May 2013 - started first round of Chlomid & ovidrel cycle.
  • Options
    ntipntip member
    Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"