By now people may be wondering if I have anything else to talk about aside from these lovely progesterone suppositories
They're just so new to me (first cycle doing them) and I always have questions popping into my head throughout the day (which I usually end up googling). So my beta is on 6/24 (next Wed). I'll go out on a limb and say that if I don't get a BFP with HPT at 12-13dpiui, it's safe to say that I struck out this cycle. If that's the case, do you guys think it's reasonable to just stop the suppositories at that point? The reason I ask that is because (if I remember right) quite a few of you have mentioned that AF takes longer to come when you've been on progesterone that cycle. So wouldn't it be in my best interest to just stop the progesterone at that point and wait on AF so that I can get started with round 3 of IUI without having to wait longer (by staying on the suppositories longer?). Do you ladies usually just continue the progesterone until your beta is confirmed negative? Or stop before that if repeated HPT's have all been BFN's?
Me 34 Him 33
Me - Left salpingo-oophorectomy at 19 due to large cyst/torsion and 2 large uterine fibroids found at age 30
Him - Borderline low sperm count (correcting through Fertility Blend supplement)
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
First appointment with RE 10/2013.
April 2014 - Clomid 100mg CD3-7. HCG shot CD10 IUI #1 done on 4/12/14 (CD12) ....BFN
May 2014 - Break cycle to repeat saline sonogram and re-group. Travel to Kauai 5/7-5/12 (Yay!!)
June 2014 - Clomid 150mg CD4-8. HCG shot CD14. IUI#2 done on 6/9 and 6/10 (CD15-16) w/ Prometrium suppositories during TWW .... BFN
July 2014 - Clomid 150mg CD3-7. Ultrasound CD12 - 4 mature follies! HCG trigger shot CD12 AM. IUI#3 on CD13 w/ Prometrium suppositories during TWW ....BFN
July 2014 - Repeat ultrasound done to measure size of fibroid - 8x9cm (the size of a grapefruit!) Surgery referral made.
August 2014 - MRI done which revealed 2 fibroids: a 13x15cm fibroid as well as an 8x7cm one. Super freak out mode over surgery plan. OB-GYN/surgeon said surgery would most likely have to be a laparotomy (open abdominal surgery)
August 2014 - After a 2nd opinion, plan to take Lupron x 2 months to shrink fibroids then laparoscopic/robotic myomectomy. Surgery date is set for Nov 21st!
November 2014 - Robotic myomectomy done (2 large fibroids removed, mild endo found). Benched x 3 months