Multiples

contractions

I'm 33.2 and last week at my doctors apt I had him check me due to the amount of contractions I'd been having and also losing part of my mucous plug. I'm 2cm, 70% effaced, and baby a is at 0 station. I go back next week for another checkup where he will be doing a growth ultrasound. I was told to call the office if I have been having timeable contractions that last 2 hours.

I have been having contractions all day, more than normal but honestly I haven't timed them. I've been at work and haven't paid attention. They're not excruciating, just tight and uncomfortable. I hate to be "that mom" who calls doctor for everything so I wanted to see if you ladies had any experience?

imageimage

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: contractions

• Don't wait for excruciating contractions before you call. You're caring twins, which means it's good to be extra cautious. Maybe time how far apart a few of them are, and if it's a relatively regular interval then call. From my understanding, in the early stages of labor it's more about how regular they are than how long they are. 
    I went into preterm labor at 32 weeks, and luckily I got to the hospital on time and they were able to stop it. At the time I didn't even know I was in labor. It just felt like the normal uncomfortable BH I'd been having. Luckily I went in for my regular check up that day, and the OB told me to go directly across the street and check into the hospital. 
    You never know. I think it's worth the call. 
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • I would also call. My OB said after 34 weeks they won't stop labor, but you are still in the window when they will stop labor if needed. Better to be safe than sorry!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was in the same boat, like almost exactly - checked at 32w and was 1.5cm, 70% effaced, -1 station (a was breech), with painful but non-timeable contrax and losing pieces of my mp.

My water broke at 34w and contrax were immediately painful and timeable. The rest of my story isn't applicable, but my advice would be to not stray too far from home/hospital.

Have you had steroid shots? They'll give them prior to 34w. I had them at 32w and I firmly believe it helped my boys - they had a short, uneventful NICU stay with zero complications.

If you've already had the shots, I'd wait it out but stay close and ready to go. If you haven't, I'd call and ask or pay close attention to your contrax.

Good luck! Looking back, I was in denial labor was imminent (you know, the whole "you can be dilated for weeks! And lose your mp multiple times! And have contrax that mean nothing!"), but really, my body was getting ready for go time.

• I would call. The what seem meaningless contractions can do a ton!! Better to be safe where maybe they can slow them down or give babies some steroids before they come!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I'd call. They can still stop labor at that point and give steroid shots. I was on the bubble at 33w6d, they gave me one steroid shot, but wouldn't stop my labor. Unfortunately the girls were born 6 hrs after the shot, so I never got the 2nd one.

TTC #1 since December 2009
    IVF #1 - 6/2 Start Stims 6/14 ER 6/19 ET (2 embies transferred) BFP 6/27/11! Beta #1 87 Beta #2 197!! 1st U/S 7/19 (5 embies in storage!)
    7/19/11 -- One Beautiful Heart Beat!!
    It's a BOY!!

Jack Austin born at 37w; 2/10/2012

Working on Baby #2; FET scheduled for 1/8/2013!!! Cancelled due to nasty flu sickness :(
    FET 1.0 re-scheduled for 2/26/13! -- BFN
    FET #2 scheduled for May 2013 -- BFN
    Onto IVF #2....scheduled for June 2013, cancelled due to high estrogen levels
    IVF 2.1 re-scheduled for Sept. 2013 ER 9/26. ET 10/1 (2 transferred, 1 in storage). BFP 10/10 beta #1 105, beta #2 255
    Ultrasound 11/1 -- TWINS!!
    Both Girls!! <br>

Harper Grace & Hailey Ryann born at 33w6d; 5/8/2014!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"