Sleep Regression? — The Bump
Parenting after a Loss

Sleep Regression?

Susan is 3.5 months old and today is the start of my 3rd week back to work part time.  Since I have went back to work it seems Susan's night sleeping has gone down hill! :(  Before she would go to sleep instantly and sleep anywhere from 6-9 hours at a time.  She would wake up, eat and fall right back to sleep for another 3-4 hours.  

Last night it took over an hour to get her to lay fall asleep.  She slept for 4.5 hours 9-130 this isn't too bad for me but then she woke up at 245 and 330.  I get up around 430 to go to work because I was hoping to get most of my hours done while she is still sleeping.  I leave her with my mom right now.  At 330 I gave in and let her sleep in bed with me and she went right back to sleep.  I don't usually do this but it seemed to work like a charm so I could get one more good hour of sleep before work.  Is this something I should shy away from in the future?  Is it ok to do?  

Is her sleeping schedule messed up because of me going back to work?  (In August I will be quitting my job and becoming a stay at home mom)  Will her sleep improve then?  Could something else be causing this?  Any suggestions to get us back on track?  TIA
BFP#1 02/19/12 missed mc 03/30/12 1st D&C 05/16/12 2nd D&C 08/17/12 
BFP #2 06/26/13 EDD 2/26/14 Hoping for my rainbow baby!
imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic 
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

~~AL Always Welcome~~
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Sleep Regression?

• hungryhippohungryhippo member
    edited June 2014
    We experienced the 4 month sleep regression at just after 3 months. It was no joke. I didn't really connect it with daycare/my return to work because his schedule was pretty similar at daycare and when we was home with me.

Are you EBF? I wasn't at that point, but I have heard of something called reverse cycling where baby eats/snacks all night long while mom is nearby instead of replacing BF sessions with bottles during the day. It's like a boob preference. :) We had the opposite problem. Sigh.

ETA: the regression lasted about 3 weeks. He finally slept again right when we were about to lose our minds.
    TTC #1 since January 2011
    BFP#1 April 12, 2011, EDD December 24, 2011, strong heart beat at 7w3d, d&c at 10w6d
    BFP#2 Oct 24, 2011, natural miscarriage, EDD unknown
    After RPL testing my losses and subsequent infertility are considered unexplained.
    Cycle #22: Femara, TI, and progesterone = BFP!! 
    BFP#3 Dec 21, 2012. Beta #1 @14dpo = 134, progesterone 67.8. Beta #2 @ 17dpo = 664! Team green, EDD 9/1/13, healthy baby boy born 9/12/13!
    imageimage  My chart.

Congratulations to the fabulous KGS2003! Her sweet boys are here! Grow boys grow!!!
  • Thank you ladies. It's been a couple weeks so hopefully the end is near. I was EBF before I went back to work too. It's good to know I'm not alone.
    BFP#1 02/19/12 missed mc 03/30/12 1st D&C 05/16/12 2nd D&C 08/17/12 
    BFP #2 06/26/13 EDD 2/26/14 Hoping for my rainbow baby!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

~~AL Always Welcome~~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I can feel this coming with M. I so hope it doesn't last too long for you. I've heard sometimes the 3 month growth spurt can basically blend into the 4 month sleep regression if your baby hits the 12 week spurt late and it drags out.

As for the occasional sleep with mom - if it's necessary I say do it. M will snuggle some but she's def a lot of me - independent and wants her space. Makes me proud yet also sad bc sometimes I want those snuggles I used to get. But I don't think you're setting any bad habits yet. So do what u need to do to sleep.

I go back to work Monday and am DREADING it on so many levels. Sigh. Who ever came up with 12 weeks leave? That could not be WORSE timing! No? Ugh.
    TTCAL & PGAL Welcome
    PCOS & TTC #1 since January 2012
    BFP 11.16.2012 * Natural MC at 9.5 wks 01.1.2013
    TTC again in March 2013
    Round 3 of 100mg Clomid + 1500mg Metformin BFP #2 06.14.13
    EDD: March 28, 2014  It's a GIRL!
    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards