August 2012 Moms

Bath time

It has become a huge struggle.  Some days he is fine sitting in the tub playing with his toys and then as soon as I try to get his hair wet and wash his hair, he freaks out.  He has always loved having water poured over his head, "again!".  I'm not sure what has changed!  Other days he cries and doesn't even want to get into the tub - and then he stands the whole time.  Last night we turned the shower on, which he LOVED.  But he was a crazy man....like we definitely need 2 people to bathe him that way.

Any tips??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby #2!

BabyFruit Ticker 

Re: Bath time

• We either go bubble crazy in the bath or she showers with one of us.  She plays around in the shower while we wash and then its her turn to be washed.  She doesn't like rinsing her hair out but life goes on (funny because she doesn't mind as much in the bath).  We have a ball and a bath baby in the shower and usually both kids go in and chaos and loudness ensue.  :-)
    ditto, DS always takes a bath or shower with DH or i. does your LO have cups in the bath to play with? DS is obsessed with pouring water in and out of cups. he'll happily sit there for ages doing that. we have an anti-slip mat in the tub and DS is fine on that while we shower together. DS has always hated having his hair washed, though, so no tips on that.
  • We have been having a lot more nights where N climbs out pretty quickly. Therefore, he's been taking more showers with us. Even though he doesn't really like those, either.
  • Loading the player...
  • Jax will only take bathes if it's a bubble bath now, however she runs for the tub when we ask if she wants a bubble bath.
    She will shower with us...and DH is weird and wears a bathing suit when he showers with her...but she really doesn't like the shower on her head. She likes the shower otherwise though.

I second the cups idea, Jax has a cup and the water thing that came with her infant tub and she pours the water back and forth, gives the cup to one of us and fills it and we pour the water on her, or we have to fill hers and she pours the water on herself. I don't make bathtime strict or anything. I let her bathe and play until she decides she's done and then we go to her room for a massage, jammies and a book. She is a banshee if we take her out of the tub early.

DD Born August 16, 2012
    DS Due April 27, 2015
  • My kid hasn't sat in the bath since she could stand. So all baths are standing baths. We bribe her in there with bath crayons! She also hates having her hair washed so it only happens about once a week.
  • Ds doesn't like water being poured on his head so I fill the tub with about an inch of water, wash his hair quickly, then sit him up, turn back on water, and finish washing. He likes baths better when water is running. Likes to have a cup to dump water and bath crayons, plays for a few then stands up and that's when we get out.

Anniversary
  • So basically this is normal!!  Yep, we have cups in the bath, he brings his Little People in the tub - we make a whole ordeal out of who is going to take a bath with him.  He loves having the shower on - even better if it's on his head, he giggles and squeals.

Bubbles used to be an incentive, but his eczema has really flared up so I'm back to using cetaphil soap for him which doesn't suds and only washing his hair every couple days.

Thanks for the commiserating ladies!

@cdenton - I love the updated siggy!!  N looks so grown up!

Baby #2!

BabyFruit Ticker 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"