January 2015 Moms
Options

Other boards are a-holes

Anyone been to other boards and read the rude, disrespectful comments of those members? Can't believe how people can be so ugly for no good reason.

Re: Other boards are a-holes

• Options
    I haven't.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are you talking about any board in particular?

In general I find the tone of the bump to be pretty 'no-nonsense'. I can see that not really sitting well with everyone.
  • Options
    Anyone been to other boards and read the rude, disrespectful comments of those members? Can't believe how people can be so ugly for no good reason.

• Options
    Bmb boards can be pretty sugar coated compared to other boards.
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think it's out of line to post in a another board and expect people to be nice in their replies. If they don't like what you asked then they can ignore it, but intentionally being hurtful? C'mon. I think if board members are entitled (especially a moderator!) to poke fun and mock others they definitely shouldn't be in that position. Just bc it's online doesn't protect you from treating others with common courtesy. Rant over.
  • Options
    pohare33pohare33 member
    edited June 2014
    lol these boards are awesome.  perhaps you should lurk more or head to baby center.
    bfp! EDD 1/15/15
  • Options
    Hey hormonal women-we already have a board similar to this one. 

Let's move on...
    BabyFetus Ticker
            BFP: 5/20/14 EDD: 1/21/15
    Come on Baby Zappia!!

• Options
    @maebb: I was referring to the bitchiness of replies. We have a couple boards already discussing "bullying" and other such nonsense. Let's keep this shit positive. We're pregnant...let's be happy and support each other! ;) People are going to be rude-just ignore them. They want attention.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Come on Baby Zappia!!

• Options
    @kyliedaniellexx: Nah, I don't want anyone to "fawn over me" and I definitely expect some snarky posts, hell, I am pretty sarcastic. But to be a bitch for the sake of it isn't why we are here.  

BabyFetus Ticker
    Come on Baby Zappia!!

• Options
    Oh jeez....can't win. Have a great day.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Come on Baby Zappia!!

• Options
    Not knowing what original thread the op may have been referring to, I'll just say that there's a fine line  between being "no nonsense" and intentionally rude and obnoxious. I see both on the bump. Won't chase me away.
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Being pregnant does not automatically make me sunshiny and agree with all people forever. Sorry not sorry.
    amen, sister.
    bfp! EDD 1/15/15
  • Options
    pohare33 said:

Being pregnant does not automatically make me sunshiny and agree with all people forever. Sorry not sorry.
    amen, sister.

This...all of this. Hormones suck by making us moody pregnant women. No smiling, puppies and rainbows. I think my unicorn stuck his unicorn thing in my ass. Lol.

Rainbow Baby! BFP 02/20/2018 EDD 11/01/2018
    BFP 10/31/2017 EDD 07/09/2018 Miscarriage 11/28/2017
    DD # 1: BFP 5/22/2014  EDD 1/30/2015 Born 02/06/2015
    DS # 1: BFP 7/18/2000 EDD 3/27/2001 Born 4/1/01
  • Options
    amen, sister.
    This...all of this. Hormones suck by making us moody pregnant women. No smiling, puppies and rainbows. I think my unicorn stuck his unicorn thing in my ass. Lol.
    I completely agree with this. I just try not to make it an excuse. I really try to not be short with people but lately I've stopped caring lol
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Come on Baby Zappia!!

• Options
    oh FFS, are we on this again?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • Options
    @joy2611 Hi Joy!!!!
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Hi @Joy2611!!!!

Rainbow Baby! BFP 02/20/2018 EDD 11/01/2018
    BFP 10/31/2017 EDD 07/09/2018 Miscarriage 11/28/2017
    DD # 1: BFP 5/22/2014  EDD 1/30/2015 Born 02/06/2015
    DS # 1: BFP 7/18/2000 EDD 3/27/2001 Born 4/1/01
  • Options
    ::lurker:: I don't like to crash boards I don't belong to, but in this case I think it's worthwhile to look at what the OP is all bent out of shape over. She posted on another board asking about her baby's gender (sex). There were only 2 replies (one a gif and the other recommending she crop her name/DOB out of the u/s pic) before she dirty deleted and slammed the mod who replied then posted her complaint here. I stated there and still believe she is majorly overreacting. That is what OP is referring to as being an asshole. She wasn't flamed to high heaven or mocked, she's overreacting and being dramatic.
    that's it?  gurl, please.
    bfp! EDD 1/15/15
  • Options

I don't think it's out of line to post in a another board and expect people to be nice in their replies. If they don't like what you asked then they can ignore it, but intentionally being hurtful? C'mon. I think if board members are entitled (especially a moderator!) to poke fun and mock others they definitely shouldn't be in that position. Just bc it's online doesn't protect you from treating others with common courtesy. Rant over.

Get over yourself. You are butthurt and want to rant because you went to 2nd tri like "Guess the gender!!!!!". I said "No" and also "And take your personal identifying info out of your photo."
    You are quite melodramatic, aren't you?
    Actually I didn't even care how rude you were to me. As I stated, I read the post of another woman asking to read her ultrasound and guess the gender. After seeing all the bullying, mocking responses to her, I deleted my post and rightly put you in your place. It's not okay to belittle someone for your fun. That doesn't work in the real world and should pass here either. I stand up when something isn't right. I left the 2nd tri board so why are you following and stalking me on mine now?!?
  • Options
      ADALLASBRIDE said:
    Get over yourself. You are butthurt and want to rant because you went to 2nd tri like "Guess the gender!!!!!". I said "No" and also "And take your personal identifying info out of your photo." You are quite melodramatic, aren't you?
    Actually I didn't even care how rude you were to me. As I stated, I read the post of another woman asking to read her ultrasound and guess the gender. After seeing all the bullying, mocking responses to her, I deleted my post and rightly put you in your place. It's not okay to belittle someone for your fun. That doesn't work in the real world and should pass here either. I stand up when something isn't right. I left the 2nd tri board so why are you following and stalking me on mine now?!?

QFP

Are you seriously asking people to guess the gender based on the 12 week ultrasound? Didn't we JUST have a thread like this yesterday? Please, being a WK doesn't go over well either. We don't care how "rude" you think the other board is. We are all adults and able to make those decision for ourselves.

Jan15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Fails
    TTC Since 4/13 | Me: 28 DH: 29 | DX: PCOS + High T + Arcuate Uterus (11/13)
    Cycle #1+2 (4/13-6/13): Natural Cycles = BFN | Cycle #3+4 (6/13-11/13): Anovulatory (Provera)
    Cycle #5 (11/13-1/14): Femara + Clomid + Follistim = Cancelled | Cycle #6 (1/14-3/14): Benched
    Cycle #7 (3/14-4/14): Femara + Follistim + Estradiol + Pregnyl + Progesterone
    BFP: 4/22/14 | Due: 1/1/15 | TEAM BLUE!

• Options
    Get over yourself. You are butthurt and want to rant because you went to 2nd tri like "Guess the gender!!!!!". I said "No" and also "And take your personal identifying info out of your photo." You are quite melodramatic, aren't you?
    why are you trashing another board here?  you're calling these people out, and now you have a problem with them responding because it's on a different board?  people do frequent multiple boards sometimes.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • Options
    Lanatir said:

Woah.  Hold the phone.  We have people able to post in 2nd tri now?!?!?!?!

That's all I got from this thread.  That and every time I scroll past @WillCMyInk's gif of a dad, I think he's jumping rope...
    Must be a December EDD. I'm Jan 1 and will be 12w on Thursday. Not 2nd tri yet.

dx:  Unexplained IF
     TTC since May 2011, 1 year trying, and then 3 TI, 2 IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 (May 2013):  Antagonist Protocol: 
    24R, 18M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 2 early blasts, no frosties = BFN
    IVF #2 (August 2013):  Lupron Stop Protocol: 
    28R, 23M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 1 partially hatched blast, 7 frosties = BFP
    EDD 5/23/14, blighted ovum (6w6d), D&C (8w6d)
    FET #1 (April 2014):  transferred 2 5d blasts = BFP
    C.J. born 01/09/15

• Options
    I'm moving on. Said my 2 cents. Peace out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"