big boy bed? — The Bump
April 2013 Moms

big boy bed?

Don't recall seeing this recently. We just bought a twin mattress and have it on the floor in LOs room. He is quite active and I'm sure he will be climbing out of the crib as soon as it occurs to his baby brain to do it. He is climbing just about everything else!

Anyway, he is a restless sleeper, bouncing against all sides of the crib all night. I have no idea how he is going to stay on a mattress all night. Any tips?

Also how do I start the transition from crib to mattress?
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: big boy bed?

• Logan sounds just like your son. We haven't moved him yet, but I'm hoping to soon. (We need to move some stuff out of his room before there is room for an additional bed in there.)

My plan is to adjust the baby monitor so I can see most of his room. We'll baby proof it better and close his door until he's asleep. I fully expect him to play until he falls asleep where he is. They eventually get bored and go to bed like they should.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Maybe get a rail to put on the bed. It won't keep him in the bed but he may think of it as more like a crib, thus more likely to sleep there? Plus it will prevent a couple falls to the floor.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Loading the player...
  • Update!

We moved Logan to his crib mattress on the floor this afternoon. It went way better than expected! He was upset and crawling around and beating on the door for like 15 minutes, so H went and laid with him and he fell asleep in 10 minutes, which he never does. Usually he thinks it's time to play when we sleep with him. I fully expected him to play around and not nap since it was so new.

I'm hoping bed time goes even better. I'll keep you posted. :)

(We adjusted his video monitor so we could see most of his room. That way we can keep an eye on him, since his door is shut and there is no way to open it quietly to peek.)
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

arschm02[Deleted User]skidderdo
  • Connor would roll off the bed if I didn't catch him or have a barrier around him. My husband and I are making him this bed in a few weeks. Might be deeper, also the floor around his bedding will have padding because I know he will flip over the side reaching for something on the floor from his bed or being superbaby and trying to scale it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    CanukMam[Deleted User]Lhyacinth888bumpuser5078523
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards