May 2014 Moms

Did anyone get an infection or some discomfort from a catheter?

Had a catheter to empty my bladder during delivery and now it hurts sometimes. It is a little uncomfortable when I pee and I do feel like I have to pee and then I don't go a full amount.

Obviously, I could call the dr, but I just was trying to see if it would pass on it's own.

Re: Did anyone get an infection or some discomfort from a catheter?

• I had that with my first. It lasted a few weeks and then went away on its own.
  • I had this, not sure if it was related to the cath, or the Csection in general.  My bladder as a whole just felt weird.  It burned a bit every time I peed, right at the end.  I was told this was normal by my doc, but if you think you might have a UTI, get it checked out, better safe than sorry!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had this, not sure if it was related to the cath, or the Csection in general.  My bladder as a whole just felt weird.  It burned a bit every time I peed, right at the end.  I was told this was normal by my doc, but if you think you might have a UTI, get it checked out, better safe than sorry!

Everything about this. I also had that slight burn/discomfort at the end of peeing. Told my OB while at my incision check. Was tested and had no infection. Burning is no longer there so I think it was something that just needed to pass. Mention it to your doc if it continues to bother you!

October Siggy Challenge - Halloween

Happy Endings

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks everyone. If it doesn't go away on its own soon I will definitely call the dr.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"