Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Broken heart

My DH and I conceived for the first time in January.  We had been trying for 5 months though I refused to tell anyone.  We were so excited when it finally happened, I took 8 HPT and then had the doctor confirm it!  I wanted to wait to share our exciting news with others out of fear that this all-consuming joy would be taken from me but my DH was too excited so we told close family and friends and my work because I deal with teratogens regularly.  We had 9 blissful days when we lost it (our baby was 6 weeks and 2 days).  The next week two of our close friends announced their wives were pregnant due just a few weeks after ours.  Two weeks ago our other close friend announced they were having baby #2.  Today, my co-worker announced she is 9 weeks.  I'm so happy for everyone but my heart aches for my baby.  My DH is being beyond amazing and optimistic but I feel like I keep getting knocked down.  I want my baby.  I want to feel it kick and move.  I want to have morning sickness, fatigue, bloating.  I want to not be able to sleep or see my feet.  At least it would mean I was going to get to meet my baby soon.  My heart just aches, you know?

Re: Broken heart

• tlc35tlc35 member
    I'm sorry for your loss.  I know how others' announcements can hurt and some days are better than others.  I hope you can find support here.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• I am so sorry. I know that is hard.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for your loss.  I hope you can find some comfort and peace on this board- it's a great place to give/get support.
  • I do know. I am sooo sorry for your loss.  ((((Hugs)))) These boards have given me so much support and understanding.  It's great that you are sharing and opening up about how you feel.  Not only does it help you but it helps us too.  I wish I could take away the pain and hurt.

| <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Tracker</a>[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/43ff7d]
    [img]http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/43ff7d/ttc.png[/img]
    [/
    RA with Sjogren's Syndrome. Risk of heart block in newborn. Age: DH and I are both 38.
    BFP #1: 11/25/2007, EDD 7/28/2008 - Missed m/c (blighted ovum) 12/6/2007 6w3d, D&C 1/3/2008.
    BFP #2: 4/2008 - Natural m/c at 6w.
    Met with RE in 5/2008 full cycle analysis and SA normal. Not considered high risk for blood clots but prescribed 1 baby aspirin a day precautionary during TTC and Progesterone suppositories during 1st trimester of pregnancy.
    BFP #3: 10/17/2008. EDD 6/23/2009,  Third time's the charm! Healthy baby boy born 6/27/2009 via emergency c-section.
    BFP #4: 6/14/2011. Healthy baby boy born 2/16/2012 via elective c-section.
    BFP #5: 1/15/2014. EDD 9/22/2014. 
    2/17/14:.We have a BABY!!! Heart rate 167 and measuring on time. 3/10/14 u/s #2 baby measuring perfectly at 12 weeks at heart rate of 166. NT u/s was normal. Maternit21 blood draw on 3/5/14. Results back on 3/19 - Normal.  It's a BOY!!!  4/10/14 at 16 weeks, 3 days discovered baby's heart stopped at 15 weeks, 6 days. D&C 4/11/14.  Pathology results were all normal.  New information on 8/11/14 - blood test revealed 1/3 of babys blood was in mine caused, most likely, by a tear in the placenta from extreme coughing.  Doctor believes this to be the cause of death.  Repeat D&C and Hysteroscopy scheduled for 8/19/14.  My Chart

• barelybarely member
    I totally understand and I'm so sorry.
    TTC since 5/13
    BFP 1/23 
    MMC 3/4
    D&C-3/12 
    Currently NTNP
  • I am so sorry for your loss.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• I'm sorry for your loss. I know how you feel. Since my mc in May I have had at least 10 people I know fairly well announce their PG and one of them was the same damn day I got the phone call confirming my mc. That day I wanted to really hurt somebody. Instead I sucked it up and wished them good luck. I wish those of us women could have a protective bubble around us afterwards. Its not fair for us to still have to smile at people we want to hate for getting to keep their LOs
    BabyFruit Ticker

image      image

• MiglinMiglin member
    I know that ache unfortunately as well. I'm so sorry for your loss and the pain you are suffering.
  • I am so sorry for your loss. I know that feeling; I too have found myself angry and confused when a good friend or acquaintance or coworker announces their good fortune while I am still dealing with the loss of a pregnancy. It is perfectly OK to feel this way. I hope the support you receive here will help you move forward.
  • I know the pain of having other pregnant around you.  My cousin and a few friends are pregnant.  We were so excited to have our babies around the same time.  It's heartbreaking to see theirs continue and know that mine won't.  
    Hope things get better for you. ((hugs))

Ashleigh (26) and Darren (26)
    Married 8-10-13
    TTC since February 2014
    BFP #1 4-22-14  EDD 1-1-15
    8w u/s 5-22-14 Baby measuring 6w1d. Heartbeat detected
    Went to Dr. 5-30-14 due to bleeding. Prescribed progesterone
    Went to ER 6-1-14 2:30 AM - diagnosed with incomplete m/c
    6-6-14 natural m/c completed
    10-24-14 BFP #2 EDD 7-6-15 **Please** be our Rainbo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
                                                                    BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"