Multiples
Options

How are you sleeping?

I am now 20w4d and for the last 2 weeks, I have been waking up at least 10 times in the middle of the night either to go pee or because my stomach hurts or I'm uncomfortable.

Until now I've been sleeping on my side with a snoogle and it's been fine.  But now, if I sleep on my left, the baby on the left keeps constantly moving, pushing with his leg/arm and I wake up from pain (like my skin's getting stretched out).  Same thing happens if I sleep on the right and the baby on the right protests.  

Any suggestions or is this something I'm just going to have to endure for the next 4 months? :(
6 failed IUIs, 1 laparoscopy = stage 3 endometriosis
IVF in February a success!
EDD with twins 10/29

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: How are you sleeping?

• Options
    10 times seems like a lot! I'm 23w3d and I get up at least once, usually twice depending on how long I sleep. Maybe try limiting water an hour or so before bed? Rolling over is already uncomfortable so I feel ya there!!
    ---------------Siggy Warning--------------------

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Me: 32, DH: 34  / TTC since February 2011 / SA: all normal, HSG: all clear! / on Lovenox for anticardiolipid antibodies
    4 IUIs with Clomid, Letrozole, and Menopur. All BFN.
    9/12: lap / hysteroscopy: found and removed mild endometriosis, cervical polyp, and 2 para-tubular cysts
    5/13 IVF #1: Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, 10R/4M/4F, ET of 2, 5 cell and 4 cell, no frosties = BFN
    12/13 IVF #2 = November / December 2013. Microdose Lupron Protocol: 15R/6M/6F, Froze all 6 due to high E2 and P4
    FET 1: Jan 22, 2014 of one 4AB blast and one 3BB blast (3 blasts on ice!)
    BFP on HPT 4dp5dt, Beta #1 9dp5dt: 310, Beta #2 11dp5dt: 899
    First u/s on 2/17/14: TWINS!!!!! both w/HBs of 114 at 6w3d, HBs 150 and 152 at 7w5d

5/27/2014: Team purple!!!!  EDD 10/10/2014 / 
    Delivered by c-section at 32w0d 8/15/2014 due to preeclampsia/HELLP syndrome
    Baby Boy 4lbs 1oz, 17 inches
    Baby Girl 3lbs 5oz, 16 inches

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    zazu13zazu13 member
    I could only get comfortable in a recliner with a pillow on each side of my belly for the second half of my pregnancy. Hang in there!

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I slept on my side with a pillow under the bump, in between the knees, and in between the ankles and one behind my back. I'd then roll over like 45 degrees so I was half on my back, half on my side. My babies would punch and kick too if I was on that side, but they're ok. They have plenty of padding in there and you're not hurting them!

You can also stack your pillows to sleep at an incline on your back.

• Options
    That sounds rough! As a PP said maybe try limiting fluids for the few hours before bed. 10 times does seem like a lot. I would also let OB know how frequent urination is - I know in non-pregnant people it can be a sign of diabetes, so maybe something they would want to look into.

You could also talk to your OB about taking benadryl for sleep.
    Me - 35. DH - 40. TTC #1 since 9/2010. 
    IUI #1-2 BFN
    IUI #3 BFP = C/P
    IUI #4-6 BFNs
    IVF #1 Lupron and Gonal F: 29R 29M 28F
    2 blastocysts transferred 12/14/13
    Beta at 9dp5dt = 285; Beta at 12dp5dt = 925
    It's twins! EDD 9/2/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I slept on my side with a pillow under the bump, in between the knees, and in between the ankles and one behind my back. I'd then roll over like 45 degrees so I was half on my back, half on my side. My babies would punch and kick too if I was on that side, but they're ok. They have plenty of padding in there and you're not hurting them! You can also stack your pillows to sleep at an incline on your back.

This is how I sleep too, minus the pillow between the ankles. I also start limiting water around 7 or 8pm. Most nights I only get up 3 or 4 times to pee. I have a boppy tummy wedge that sometimes helps and is sometimes uncomfortable.

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• Options
    Thanks ladies for the advice.  When I meant I wake up 10 times, it's either to go pee OR I'm uncomfortable and I wake up.  I pee about 2-3 times which isn't too bad it looks like.

I'm getting used to waking up so frequently actually, just hope it doesn't get any worse :(
    6 failed IUIs, 1 laparoscopy = stage 3 endometriosis
    IVF in February a success!
    EDD with twins 10/29

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    What worked best for me is that I had my Snoogle on one side and a regular body pillow on the other side. This allowed me to turn easily from side to side when I'd get uncomfortable. By not having to rearrange pillows it let me stay half asleep, making it easier to fall asleep again. As I got bigger and my sides really started aching I added in a folded up towel to support my belly. My kids were both transverse a lot so there wasn't really room for a pillow under my side, and using the towel meant I could easily adjust how much support I needed.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • Options
    The snoogle has never worked for me.  It makes me so uncomfortable for some reason.  I'm 31 weeks, and sleep has gotten much worse.  I pretty much can't get comfortable at all.  The best sleep I'm getting is in the recliner with a pillow on each side because I have to switch back and forth so much.  I feel my back twist up one way, so then I have to roll to the other side to untwist it.  The having to get up to go to the bathroom has only gotten worse too because the girls are on it or I get a contraction that feels like it's squeezing my bladder too LOL  

When I was in my weeks in the 20s, I'd have a bad week and then get a couple of good weeks.  I don't think I'll be catching that break anymore.  So hang in there and appreciate when you have the easier moments.

BFP: 12/2/13, EDD: 8/17/13

imageimage

Follow MacKenzie and Madison's Journey at randidooley.wordpress.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"