Just a quick note to say that I'm happy to have found this board. I am possibly going to get a C-section for this LO. My placenta is low (currently 1.3cm from cervix) and baby is breech. I know it is early days, but I want to start doing my research in the event that one (or both) of these issues don't resolve themselves.
My situation is a bit complicated because I am being followed by midwives who I know will want me to exhaust all possible options (ex. turn the baby) before opting for a C-section (where I will no longer be under their care). DS' was delivered vaginally under traumatic circumstances. He was late (41.5 weeks) and when my water broke there was so much meconium I was told (afterwards) it looked like adult diarrhea. I couldn't push him out on my own so a vacuum was used. He was left with neurological trauma from that, as well as serious respiratory issues from the meconium. He was in the NICU for 2 weeks and it was very serious. I didn't even get to hold him until he was 6 days old. Thankfully he is in great health today.
So all that to say, deep down I think I would prefer a C-section rather than try for another vaginal delivery. I'm a pretty confident person, but I just don't think my body can have a successful vaginal delivery.
I guess I'll just play it by ear for the next month or so to see what happens. I know a C-section isn't a walk in the park, but neither was my delivery and aftermath. I feel like I want to trust this LO and follow her lead. If my placenta moves and she turns head-down, then I think it's a sign that I should try for vaginal. If not, I think it's a sign that a C-section is the way for us to go.
Looking forward to reading all the posts and getting to know some of you.