Trying to Get Pregnant

Stopping the pill and OPK?

Hello everyone, I am new here!

I stopped taking Seasonalle (3 month BC) after taking it for 4 years, and I have been using Wondfo strips to see if when my cycle will get back to normal.

My strips started out with no lines, and then the other day I had dark test line (almost as dark as the control line), but it was still faint.  This happened for about a day and a half, and then the test line went back to non-existent.  Could I have ovulated this quickly after stopping the pill?  

My doctor has told me that it is very possible that I could have ovulated right after stopping the pill.  I just want to be prepared for a possible pregnancy, or a possible period at the end of the month.

Thanks everyone! :-)

Re: Stopping the pill and OPK?

• What cycle day were you on?
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Loading the player...
  • Your doctor told you it was possible for you to ovulate immediately after stopping the pill, but you're here asking us if it's possible for you to ovulate immediately? Yes. The answer is yes.
    This.

Also, you can have an LH surge and not ovulate. But you said you never got positive tests, so it's pretty unlikely.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Thanks for the info!  I will definitely look into temping :-)

My doctor said that it is possible to ovulate, but that it could take up to 3 months after birth control.  I guess I am just curious how common it is to ovulate after such a strong BCP.

I got a dark test lines at 2PM and 7PM on day 14, and I had a few faint lines on days 12 and 13.  I am on day 16 now, and there is no test line at all.

Thanks again!
  • Yeah, I've been testing 3 times per day since day 9 (it was recommended by doctor since I have no clue when my ovulation will start).  I tested in late morning, mid afternoon, and after dinner (6:30-7:30).
  • dazzld1dazzld1 member
    edited June 2014
    I would also highly recommend temping. It may sound overwhelming at first, but it really does only take like a minute a day. It is possible to miss your surge, not see a positive OPK, and ovulate. It is also possible to get a positive (or multiple positives) during your cycle and not ovulate. So temping is the only (convenient) way to really confirm that you O.

ETA: If you haven't read it already, the Newbie Blog (first post on this board) has a lot of really good information on it. It really helped me when I was new to all this.

Married since June 2010 | TTC January 2014-July 2014 | BFP #1 - 7/22/14 | EDD - 4/2/15

image   image   
    BabyFruit Ticker 

• By temping, I know I ovulated on day 16 after stopping the pill the first time. I think plenty of women ovulate in the first month after the pill. Though not all do, of course.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Thank y'all for your input :-)  

I have read through the newbie info, and a lot of it did help!

I bought a basal thermometer today, and plan to start temping tomorrow.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"