September 2013 Moms
Options

Medicine and diaper rash

Since LO started her medicine to counter the allergic reaction rash she has has the worst diaper rash I've ever seen from diarrhea. For previous diaper rashes we've used destin but it doesn't seem to be helping.
Every time we do a diaper change she cries before I even touch her and tries to roll away. I hate seeing her in pain.
Any diaper cream or any other recommendations to help her get some relief?

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Medicine and diaper rash

• Options
    Salemkitty13Salemkitty13 member
    edited June 2014
    https://www.webmd.com/children/tc/diaper-rash-home-treatment
     Once DS had a chemical type burn on his bum, We used the baking soda bath, no wipes, I used water in the peri bottle to squirt him off then dried him with baby washcloths, I used the hair dryer a couple of times but its just weird to me, let him go diaper free and cover the area with aquaphor to keep the urine or feces from touching the skin. My pedi said the destin was thick and rubbing it off was making it worse.
     I hope she heals soon. She's had a tough week.
  • Options
    I wonder if you can use that pain relief spray. Do you know what I'm talking about? The hospital gave it to me after birthing LO. 

Sorry your LO is hurting. It breaks my heart for you. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice ladies. We have done diaper free time and I'll try some of the other suggestions too.

• Options
    Using wet washcloths instead of wipes for 24 hours (plus diaper cream at every diaper change) has always helped both my boys.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We went through this not too long ago because of diarrhea from antibiotics. My friend recommended triple paste and it worked like a charm! The rash was gone within a day.
  • Options
    amiefamief member
    If it doesn't get better soon I'd call the pediatrician... My LO got a yeast diaper rash that we needed a prescription for.  2 applications of the prescription and he wasn't crying anymore.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LO does well with coconut oil and the monkey butt cream. Hope your LO feels better soon.
  • Options
    Coconut oil and lots of diaper free time should definitely help.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @dhaueisen
    Thanks for the no wipes input. LO has started screaming every time I lay her on the changing table. I don't have cloth wipes so instead I just took off her diaper and had the water faucet flow warm water to clean. She's much happier since I started doing this

• Options

We went through this not too long ago because of diarrhea from antibiotics. My friend recommended triple paste and it worked like a charm! The rash was gone within a day.

Apparently triple paste has a diaper rash kit. I picked one up from Buy Buy Baby and it has a bath treatment and the diaper cream. I'm hoping the combo helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"