May 2012 Moms

Things for you!

So as a mom we tend to do and buy and do for everyone but us. What gave you done for you lately? I bite my nails always have and want to stop so bad but never have been able too for long. I friend started selling jamberry nail wraps and just with the sample I was able to stop bitting for awhile SO I spent the money to buy some and I love them!! My nails are so pretty it makes me happy! Anywho thought you'd all understand something small making me so happy
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled

Re: Things for you!

• I hear you about the nail biting. I was doing really good not biting my nails and they looked great. However, yard work and gardening have pretty much assured that I'm not going to have nice nails until winter. I really haven't done anything for myself lately. We're still in a financial hole so anything monetary is out of the question. I guess applying to go back to school is something, right?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't bite my nails, I hate it when DH does.

I have a friend who sells Jamberry too. She just did a massive order so we got free shipping, I did the buy 3 get 1 free thing and just picked up my 4 new wraps today! :) Very excited.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Littlered a friend and I split the buy three get one and then split each in half so for $25 I got four half sheets I was so excited! What patterns did you get?
  • Chalkboard Hearts, Lollipop Chevron and Flutterby for me. Then I got Lovers Bouquet for my best friend to put in her baby shower card. I'll be doing Lollipop Chevron tomorrow while I'm home on my day off :)

• Super cute. I've never heard of Jamberry. Looks like fun!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• They are. I find them a little pricey, but the prints are sooo cute. Also much easier to apply than I thought.

• And they last 1-2 weeks!!
    Littlered post a pic when you do yours :)
  • I just took off my last ones and they lasted 18 days, and I work with harsh chemicals and use hand sanitizer over 2 dozen times a day. I did have to stagger them though (jamberrys on pinky,middle and thumb; polish on ring and index) because I didn't think they would fit properly on my finger nail of my broken finger. My nail grows are messed up now. I'm going to try it though tomorrow and see if it stays on that one.

• This is the lollipop chevron. I really like the colors. I did have a hard time sticking it on to my messed up nail. The bottom pic shows the odd curve to how it grows now; so like it goes out straight for 2-3mm then hunches up quite a bit, then levels off again. Pretty odd to stick them on to so that one is a little ruffled, but the nail is messed up looking with our without it, so at least now it's pretty colors lol.

• Oh I like that one!
  • My newest jam cure :-)
  • Ultra festive! I have another day off today so I might change mine as well. I need a new strategy for making it stick properly to my messed up finger nail. I will update with pics too :)

• Have you tried the Baggie method? I did this time and feel like it was much easier on my funny nail
  • Hmmmm...interesting, have not tried that way. I will attempt it. It's awkward because the nail is so angular, like it's not a gradual slope, it's pretty abrupt.

• So I tried the baggie method, it worked pretty well. Not perfect, but I'll probably do it again. There are fewer bumps in my messed up nail, but still there. I did chalkboard hearts this time; I like it! :)

• They look great!! I just wish I could keep my tips looking perfect :/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"