Endometrial Receptivity Array?? — The Bump
Infertility Veterans

Endometrial Receptivity Array??

Hey ladies,

I need your thoughts. Has anyone heard of the Iviomics endometrial receptivity array? I would post a clicky link, but I don't know how!

My RE called me around 6pm last night to discuss this, given the fact that we have switched everything except for me out of the mix, they are suggesting I have this test done. Basically, from what I understand, this month will be a mock cycle and I will have an endometrial biopsy on the day I would normally have a transfer.

The results will take 2 weeks and will tell us if I was 'receptive' for an embryo to implant, if 'non receptive' it will also suggest when I would likely be 'receptive'... Then another mock cycle with another uterine biopsy on the estimated receptive day to verify that I was receptive.

Then they would use this info to verify the best day for transfer.

I still have my 2nd opinion on Tuesday, but I think we need to try this. I'm running out of options and I only have 2 embryos left, so I am desperate. I hate that this could push the transfer back another month, but I know I would regret it if this fails again and I'd wonder what if?? It's not covered by insurance, $500 per biopsy, so assuming I'll need 2, around $1000.

I'm mostly terrified this test could reveal I'm not ever 'receptive' (the site states this happens in 1% of cases)... For which there is no treatment.

Sorry for the rambling... It's 5am and I'm at work. Anyone have any thoughts/experiences with anything like this??

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

 

 

 

Re: Endometrial Receptivity Array??

  • hmz819hmz819
    Ninth Anniversary 250 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Love Its
    member
    I haven't heard of this test. I've heard of the beta integrin test but this seems different. Good luck!

    TTC#1 since April 2011
    IVF#1 July 2012 5R, 3 made it to blast, sET c/p
    FET#1 Aug 2012 2 blasts transferred BFN
    IVF#2 Oct 2012
    16R/6M/6F/2-8 cell grade 1 transfer
    Beta 1-237.9, Beta 2-566, Beta 3-8657
    US 6w3d shows one baby w/ HB 115
    US 7w1d no more heartbeat/ D&C 11/30/12 normal karyotype
    IVF#3 Mar 2013
    6R/4M/4F 1 compacting and 2-8 cell transfer
    ectopic pg MTX given 3 month break from TTC

    IVF#4 Sept 2013--BFN
    IVF#5-7 Apr 2014, Jun 2014 and Aug 2014 banking embryos for CCS testing. Praying for normals! Image and video hosting by TinyPic image image

    http://i61.tinypic.com/34zll06
  • I haven't heard of this test, but it sounds interesting to me. I can understand your fear, but hope you are not part of the 1%! Personally, I'd want to find out because, like you said, those two embryos are precious. If it's a matter of waiting an extra month or two, I'd think it is worth it! Good luck!
    **SIGGY WARNING**

    Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

    IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

    IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

    imageimageimage

    My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • ****Signature Warning****



    The ERA test was suggested to me before my last cycle.  I had previously had the E-tegrity test so I elected to pass with the mindset that if our fresh transfer failed I would do it before proceeding to an FET.  If I remember correctly it seemed to be a much more accurate test than E-tegrity.  


    I would probably do it if I were you.  At the very least it would give you peace of mind that you have investigated everything.    


    Good luck!


    ***SIGNATURE WARNING***


    TTC #1

    Me 42, DH 47

    Dx = AMA/DOR, MFI

    IVF/ICSI #1 = BFN

    IVF/ICSI #2 = BFP; early loss

    IVF/ICSI #3 (DE) = BFP; early loss

    FET = BFN

    IVF/ICSI #4 (DE w/ CCS) = BFP

    Beta #1 @ 10dp6dt = 265; Beta #2 @ 14dp6dt = 1251. 

    1st U/S @ 6w2d showed one perfect little heartbeat! 

    2nd U/S @ 7w2d. HB 132 & everything measuring on track.

    Our beautiful little girl arrived January 2015!


  • Is this the Yale test??? If so I've heard of it. At this point, I think you need to do it to rule stuff out.. But I'm still jumping up and down that you need to be on lovenox!!

    TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

    DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

    K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

    imageimage

    SAIF/PAIF Welcome


    http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

    mm29
  • Km672Km672
    500 Love Its 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary Photogenic
    member
    @MrsMcIrish - it's not the Yale test. It's supposed to be pretty accurate and should tell me if my uterus is 'prereceptive', 'receptive' or 'postreceptive' at the usual time of transfer... Then the results are verified the next month, assuming the timing was out of sync.

    I was told its pretty new, still considered experimental. I think you're right, I have to do everything in my power to figure this out. At this point, it's pretty clear that there is something going undetected/untreated.

    I have my medical record now and read through all of it last week (that was depressing!!) but it clearly stated in the lab report that the MTHFR mutations I have A1298C is not associated with any clotting disorders or heart disease... So it's kinda hard for me to convince my RE to try Lovenox... But I will keep trying.

    He will be calling me this evening to further discuss the endometrial testing and I will try again. My 2nd opinion is tomorrow, I'm anxious to hear his thoughts. If he will try Lovenox and or steroids, I'm sure I'll switch clinics for the FET after this testing is completed.

    It's really hard to advocate for yourself, keep a somewhat open mind and not yell at my RE. I want to shake him and scream 'obviously you're missing something!! Just TRY something different for Christ sake!! This is my last chance! I'm aware medications have side effects and risks, but I'm willing to take that risk.' Ughhhhhh!!!!!

    Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

    IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

    Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

    DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

    DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

    DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

    FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

    DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

    FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

    Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

    New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

    FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

     

     

     

  • SFOSSFOS
    First Comment
    member
    I had the ERA biopsy and a biopsy that looks at NK cells done earlier this week and should get the results in the next couple weeks.  We've had 7 failed transfers of a total of 8 seemingly top quality embryos (both day 3 and day 5) over the past year and a half, with one very early chemical pregnancy as the only hint of positive. Our original issue is male factor and it is quite frustrating not knowing why our embryos aren't implanting.  I'll post back once I have updates.  I found another thread on Fertility Thoughts about the ERA biopsy.  Here is a link to another forum entry on the ERA biopsy:
    http://www.fertilethoughts.com/forums/questions-for-patient-care-advocates/721349-experience-endometrial-receptivity-array-implantation-window-test.html

  • So I'm still very new this site & my docs are now suggesting the ERA testing. We've had two failed IVF cycles (1st transferred two fresh embryos & 2nd transferred two frozen embryos). From what I've gathered the ERA testing is kinda like your finger print, your endometrial finger print ;) We are going forward with the testing as soon as we have positive urine Lh! We only have two frozen embryos left & are praying that this is our answer!?! Three times a charm right ~
  • SFOSSFOS
    First Comment
    member
    I got the results of my second ERA biopsy back today after the non-receptive/pre-receptive results of my first biopsy at P+5.  My eyes were met with a big, bold, capitalized “RECEPTIVE”. The tears were not long to follow - tears of relief, tears of hope, all mixed in with a dash of apprehension. The recommendation is to proceed with a frozen embryo transfer under the same conditions as my biopsy. So it looks like we’ll be going ahead with a transfer of a 5-day blast on the 8th day of progesterone (P+7) in a hormone replacement cycle. My doctor is on holiday until the end of the week, but I’m scheduled for the first appointment on Monday and hopefully Day 1 will be soon to follow.  I'll check back with news after our next transfer.
  • That's great! Congrats on a receptive ute! Wishing you all the best on your next cycle!!

    Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

    IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

    Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

    DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

    DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

    DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

    FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

    DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

    FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

    Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

    New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

    FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

     

     

     

Sign In or Register to comment.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards