Preemies
Options

Intro - I guess I go here now

Hi Ladies! My LO James was born on Monday via c/s at 34 weeks. He was 4lbs3oz and 16" long. I had no complications or heads up except I knew he was breech. My water broke in the middle of the night and that was it.

He's doing well in the NICU and should hopefully be going home in a week or 2.

I am just wrapping my head around all this so I'm glad this board is here. I go home from the hospital tonight, which I expect to be the hardest thing I've done in my life so far. Nice to *meet* you all.

imageimageimage

Re: Intro - I guess I go here now

• Options
    KTZ17KTZ17 member
    Congratulations on the birth of your son! I'm sorry you're facing a bit of NICU time, but 34 weekers tend to do very well. It will be tough leaving the hospital for sure. It was one of the worst moments for me. Know that he is being very well cared for and you'll have him home with you soon! Hugs, mama! Wishing you a short and uneventful NICU stay.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    Welcome! Congrats on the birth of your son! My DS was born at 34+4 when my water broke randomly one morning. I'm not going to lie, getting discharged from the hospital without him was one of the hardest things I've ever done. But I knew he was in good hands and I definitely called the nurses that first night to check on him. 34 weekers can be all over the place developmentally, and I know it's hard to not want him home ASAP, but preemies do things in their own time. I hope your time in the NICU is as smooth as possible! Don't forget to take care of yourself and ask for help if you need it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats from another he-shouldn't-be-here-until-July-14 mom  :) Hope the little man's stay is smooth and uneventful and he gets to go home soon. 
    Master of 'the look' 
  • Options
    I cried the first time I saw DS in his isolette, and I decided then that I didn't want to cry any more at his bedside (unless it was from happiness) So I told myself I could cry as much as I wanted once I got to the car. Remarkably it worked, but there were definitely a few times that I pretty much ran to the car and ugly cried once I got there ;-)
  • Options
    Congrats! My boys were born at 34w and spent a very uneventful 13 days in the NICU. They are active almost-one-year-olds and I can't believe how fast it's gone. Leaving the hospital without them is incredibly difficult, no doubt.

Wishing you a short stay!

• Options
    Congratz on the baby! I can't imagine how it is going to feel leaving your baby behind but hopefully you can find comfort in the fact that it is what is best for him right now. At least that's what I keep telling myself. :)
  • Options
    mmookimmooki member
    Congrats! Dd was born at 33.3 and spent 12 days in the nicu as a feeder and grower. Leaving her there was the hardest thing I've done but I knew she was better there where they could help if something happened. She is now a smart, funny, spunky 2 year old.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Pips09Pips09 member
    Congrats on your baby!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    Congrats on baby James! :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you so much everyone! He is doing really well. They removed his IV last week and took him off oxygen yesterday. He got to try a bottle for the first time today and took about half his feeding. I don't have a time line for his homecoming but it shouldn't be very long!

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Congratulations!

Leaving them behind at the hospital is painful. I hope you have a short and uneventful stay and he's coming home before you know it!
  • Options
    Congratulations! I hope that he is able to bust out soon. 
    Twin girls ~ 2011
  • Options
    Welcome and congratulations! I hope your NICU stay is short and uneventful. You have found a large group of very supportive women. :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    My DS was born at 34 w 3 d in April and was in the NICU for 12 days. He was a great eater and gained weight like a champ, but struggled with jaundice and apnea. Due to the apnea he came home with a caffeine prescription and is on a monitor. Even though he wasn't as early as some other preemies, it was still really hard emotionally to deal with, but got a lot better once he came home. Good luck to you and your LO! I hope your discharge date is soon :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"