Third-Party Reproduction
Options

Those using donor embryos- question

Hi everyone that went the donor embryo route. :)  I'm wondering how everyone got matched up.  I've been on Miracles Waiting for a while and have had a little contact (2 matches but 1 changed her mind and 1 the clinic where the embryos are stored is making it impossible for them to transfer to me..so in limbo on that).  What are some other routes?  I've checked w/ the AZ clinics here and 2 have "embryo programs" but the wait is ridiculous.  I've heard of FIRM- and I've reached out to them with pretty much no response (which I heard is common).  I keep reading on other groups all these people getting matched up and just wondering what more I should be researching.  I have insurance (that thank you Jesus) covers FETs- so I'm willing to travel to another state if a clinic has embryos available as long as they are in-network with my insurance.  We've spent almost 20K on infertility treatments so far- and though a baby is of course priceless- my husband really feels we should not spend a ton more on something that just might not happen.  I, however, refuse to give up on the dream of a baby- but agree we should attempt to keep costs down- which is why I'm looking for any clinic that is in-network (even if I have to travel).  Sorry for the long post..just trying to find some guidance on where else I can turn to find embryos.  Thank you all so much for your help, thoughts, advice. :)  

TTC #1 Since Oct 2011 

ME (34): DOR. AMH <.16
DH (35): low side of normal on everything

May, June, and July 2012 IUIs- all BFN
4 IVFs- resulting in ectopic and miscarriage at 7 weeks
HSG clear, SHG no issues from miscarriage, we get eggs (odd with such a low AMH) but the embryos just aren't good.
Moving on to donor embryos

Re: Those using donor embryos- question

• Options
    We did our donor embryo cycle through FIRM, because they are very affordable (We are OOP) and have no wait list for embryos. Honestly I would rate my experience there as mediocre. One thing to think about with them is that pretty much all of their embryos have been frozen using slow freezing techniques, they only adopted vitirification in the last few years I believe. This means realistically you can expect to lose more embryos to thaw than you would if they had been vitrified. Also, it is hard to get the coordinator on the phone, you have to leave her a message and she will call you back. Once I was established as a patient, I found that she was a lot better at calling me back within 24 hours.

Since you have insurance, I would recommend looking elsewhere. I know women that have had success with FIRM, but I know many that didn't as well. To me FIRM is a low cost provider.

There are other options. I know many women love the NEDC. We did not choose them for personal reasons, but they have a great success rate. They do require a homestudy, which increases the wait time. There are also agencies you can help you find embryos, but they charge a fairly hefty fee. I think Snowflakes fee is $8,000.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    Km672Km672 member
    We are looking into the donor embryo program at California conceptions.

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi there! We "adopted" embryos privately, but there are plenty of other options. I have a link on my blog that might help. Click on the "Embryo Adoption" badge at the bottom of my signature. Good luck!

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • Options
    Km672 said:
    We are looking into the donor embryo program at California conceptions.
    @km672 i have heard great things about them.- but since I have insurance I don't think that works with a place like that.  So i'm torn that though they have success that I just don't know that I can spend 12K on something that I can get for 20% OOP w/ insurance.  But it's on the list to consider still for sure!

TTC #1 Since Oct 2011 

ME (34): DOR. AMH <.16
    DH (35): low side of normal on everything

May, June, and July 2012 IUIs- all BFN
    4 IVFs- resulting in ectopic and miscarriage at 7 weeks
    HSG clear, SHG no issues from miscarriage, we get eggs (odd with such a low AMH) but the embryos just aren't good.
    Moving on to donor embryos
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"