May 2014 Moms
Options

FFFC

danabsddanabsd member
edited June 2014 in May 2014 Moms
Who's got one? Anyone broken thier kid yet?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FFFC

• Options
    Psh @danabsd I haven't worn a bra probably since Christmas :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @danabsd‌ I'm living in my bravado tanks. Love them and super easy to NIP in by just throwing a tee over top!

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options
    I made some of those pancake muffin things from Pinterest last week and froze them for mornings that I needed something quick for DS1. He's eating some today because I feel lazy.

Anniversary 

• Options
    My mom kept kissing ds and it bugged me. That's more affection in the 20 minutes she has shown with him than with me in a long time.

My in laws call ds squirt. Sounds stupid.
  • Options
    I can't wait for DH to go back to work on Monday. Yes, it's been nice having him home for these 6 weeks, but since DD is EBF, there's not much that he can help with other than house chores. He sucks at giving her a bottle, which we only do once a day anyway. And if she's over tired or fussy he's not the best at soothing her. He gets frustrated too easily so then I end up taking her anyway and then I have to calm him down to! I love you babe, but get out of my way and go back to work! I haven't been around you this much in our entire relationship and I'm sick of you! .......love you. :P
    DH is the same way.  He gets too frustrated and can't soothe the baby, so I always end up doing it.
  • Options

We're in the midst of the 3 week growth spurt. I would not make it through without a pacifier. I EFB and I know we're supposed to wait - IDGAF ... Sometimes you just need the crying to stop for 10 minutes.

They gave LO a paci 2 days old in the nicu... needless to say I was upset because I wanted to wait until he was a month old... But he has had no problems transitioning from the bottle (they fed him with in the nicu) to my breast (I now EBF) and throw the paci in there for good measure as well.

I would not worry or beat yourself up about it. Like you said, your sanity is important!
  • Options
    jenna3878 said:
    The only way I can get LO to nap during the day is by putting him in the swing. He's pretty good at going to sleep at night with rocking and nursing but I can't figure out how to get him to nap during the day. He was falling asleep nursing during the days but this happens less and less lately since he is going through his 3 week growth spurt and just gets fussy while nursing in the day. Anyone who can put their LO down half awake and result in a nap in my hero! He will pass out in the swing for hours though which is also not great since the days I let him sleep until he woke up in the swing we had awful nights. I feel like it's a crutch since I can't get him to nap on my own, but the swing definitely saves my sanity right now and keeps LO from being too overtired during the day. Hopefully we will figure the nap situation out at some point.....
    This is us too except he goes in my Ergo and I may be able to take him out in hour in - sometimes he wakes, sometimes he doesn't when he gets put in his bed.

If he goes past 1 in the aft I have a serious cranky baby on my hands, and if he sleeps more than 5 hours our night is ruined.

I've been putting him in my carrier around 11:30-12 depending on if he's finished with his feed and its helps tremendously as he just falls asleep and I avoid cranky baby pants. I've given up on him being a routine napper and just ensure he gets this PM one then we're all happy.

Maybe try to put him in the swing around the time you know before fussiness kicks in. I also now turn on the white noise when its time for a nap. Works like a charm.

But I hear you, its incredibly frustrating with non nappers as we just need a little break!
  • Options
    Sam0905 i cant stop laughing at your post.thank you,i needed a good laugh.
  • Options
    ns1ns1 member
    I'm on unpaid leave and just paid $ for one of those grass drying racks. DH is going to be very happy with that purchase.

And I have peed with DS attached to me in the moby wrap.

And DS totally gets a paci and I ebf.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm not looking forward to spending time with FIL on Sunday. He loves LO, which is great, but he has this way of making his opinion known and generally thinks that everyone wants to hear everything he has to say. He's made comments about me asking people to wash their hands before holding LO ("Oh, a few germs won't hurt her!") and when talking about what activities she will "do" when she's older. DH is a wrestling coach so we've joked about getting her a singlet and such. FIL made a point of saying that she can wrestle if she wants but shouldn't compete. He's a bit chauvinistic which I cannot stand and is hard to deal with. I was a dancer so I obviously would love for LO to be as well, but if she loves wrestling there is no way that I'd stop her from that just because she's a girl. I know these are silly things, but I HATE when people tell me what to do, joking manner or not. It's getting to the point where I think I'm obviously annoyed with FIL and people can tell by my behavior. Anyway, hoping our interaction on Father's Day is minimal!
    October Siggy Challenge - Halloween

Happy Endings

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    lrmrtnlrmrtn member
    jenna3878 said:

The only way I can get LO to nap during the day is by putting him in the swing. He's pretty good at going to sleep at night with rocking and nursing but I can't figure out how to get him to nap during the day. He was falling asleep nursing during the days but this happens less and less lately since he is going through his 3 week growth spurt and just gets fussy while nursing in the day. Anyone who can put their LO down half awake and result in a nap in my hero!

He will pass out in the swing for hours though which is also not great since the days I let him sleep until he woke up in the swing we had awful nights. I feel like it's a crutch since I can't get him to nap on my own, but the swing definitely saves my sanity right now and keeps LO from being too overtired during the day. Hopefully we will figure the nap situation out at some point.....

We've had him in his swing almost exclusively the past 2 days because it was the only way he'd sleep and even getting him to sleep there was tough. We finally got him back in the crib today.

I've been really lazy with pumping when DH gives LO a bottle. I'm sure it's hurting my supply but my sore boobs need a break.

I only shower if I have somewhere to go or someone is coming over. DH thinks it's progress that I'm now wearing a shirt in the house. I was walking around topless since I'm a milking machine! Blinds were closed though!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've only worn clothes when going out or someone's coming over. Otherwise it is panties only all the time. If I wasn't still having PP bleeding, I'd probably be going pantie-less.

I'm supposed to be napping but instead I'm playing on my phone.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Options

We're in the midst of the 3 week growth spurt. I would not make it through without a pacifier. I EFB and I know we're supposed to wait - IDGAF ... Sometimes you just need the crying to stop for 10 minutes.

I tried to make it to 3 before I gave in to the binkie. I didn't make it. Honestly, it's the been best thing for all involved parties.

• Options
    I sleep until 11:30 everyday. Our schedule will be so effed when I go back to work.
  • Options
    I sleep until 11:30 everyday. Our schedule will be so effed when I go back to work.
    All of this. Colin sleeps until 10 or 10:30 after he eats at 7 am. Sleep when baby sleeps they say, so I sleep in with him most days :)
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    XathXath member
    Mine won't take a pacifier, and I wish he would.  He wants to suck constantly, but if milk's not coming out of it, he's not interested.  At his 2 month appointment yesterday, he'd already almost doubled his birth weight at 12lbs9oz.  He is a tiny tub.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

@danabsd‌ I'm living in my bravado tanks. Love them and super easy to NIP in by just throwing a tee over top!

I'm suppose to wear a tee over? Opps. :\">

• Options

I have peed while nursing. No shame.

Been there. No shame. Hey, she doesn't like to be alone so she can join me on the throne

It's a BOY

• Options

DS1 was hungry when I hady first pp poop with him. He was fed while I was pooping. I remember my mom bringing him to me and I was like WTH am I supposed to do??

Anniversary 

• Options
    danabsd said:

I'm suppose to wear a tee over? Opps. :\">
    You don't have to but I feel more comfy that way. The tank covers my flabby belly and the tee helps me get my boob out without flashing everyone.

Anniversary 

• Options

I am a large breasted woman, 34 e before pregnancy. Have nooooo clue what my true size is currently. I have officially given up on the idea of finding a comfortable bra. I have two supposedly awesome nursing bras...a cake and a bravado, but I don't love either. Just aren't as comfortable as I expected them to be. So I go braless...I figure if you love me you'll accept the free-flowing boobies for the time being. Even my father is subjected to braless me!

Word. My boobs look like 2 cantaloupes being held up by grocery bags. Thank you breastfeeding followed by pregnancy followed by more breastfeeding.

• Options
    I'm sick and tired of hearing my pregnant friend state "I'm praying LO shows up today" "I'm hoping DS shows up early." "I'm praying that I don't go to 42 weeks." EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. If she's not stating it on Facebook, then it's texts, and voicemails. It's not just once a day either, it's multiple times a day! I get it, it sucks to be that uncomfortable and you're excited to meet your baby, but shut up!
    May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ALE515 said:
    I'm sick and tired of hearing my pregnant friend state "I'm praying LO shows up today" "I'm hoping DS shows up early." "I'm praying that I don't go to 42 weeks." EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. If she's not stating it on Facebook, then it's texts, and voicemails. It's not just once a day either, it's multiple times a day! I get it, it sucks to be that uncomfortable and you're excited to meet your baby, but shut up!
    Oh, I feel ya.  I have a friend who just announced she's PG.  She's 8 weeks and is already complaining about everything.  Bitch, you're 12 offing minutes PG.  If this continues we will not remain friends. 

• Options
    danabsd said:
    ALE515 said:
    Oh, I feel ya.  I have a friend who just announced she's PG.  She's 8 weeks and is already complaining about everything.  Bitch, you're 12 offing minutes PG.  If this continues we will not remain friends. 
    It will most likely get worse :)) We share a bunch of other pregnant friends, and they all recently had their babies. On all of their announcements, she'll write "Come on baby (her last name), I'm ready for ya!" That's mommyjacking if I've ever seen it!
    May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh there is a chick on my fb who sells maternity wear so she's all up in the constant updates and photos.

She's pretty too and looks fab. I think I hate her.
  • Options
    aimee223 said:
    I'm super jealous of people who actually produce enough milk for their babies. Like 90% of the time I'm cool with my dysfunctional boobs and get by telling myself that some breast milk is better than nothing, I'm doing everything I can do, baby is fine, etc. But I can't even read anything on here about how much milk people are pumping or saving or whatever. It's too hard. It's not fair.
    I feel the same way, but not about the amount necessarily. I have Over Active Let Down, so my milk comes out super fast (not necessarily over supply, it just flows fast). My LO won't latch without a nipple shield, whenever I try him on my actual boob he just screams because he's choking on milk. Most of the time I think, "it's fine, he's getting the milk, it just takes an extra step to put the shield on before I can nurse him". But at 3 in the morning when he knocks the shield off and milk gets everywhere, I can't help but think, "why do my boobs suck so much that I need a prosthetic nipple just to feed my baby?" 
    It's so hard sometimes (particularly when I'm tired) to not think about how nursing is "supposed to be" and then look at myself and think I'm kind of broken.

But the baby is getting fed. And yours is too!!
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    danabsd said:

JKBMA2014 said:

Been there. No shame. Hey, she doesn't like to be alone so she can join me on the throne

Wait until she's a toddler and tries to help you wipe in a Target bathroom.  People look at you funny when you walk out of the stall after you just very loudly said "You do not touch where people wipe themselves."  @-)

Omg!! =))

It's a BOY

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"