Birthday Parties
Options

would you invite them?

ok so my little girls 3rd birthday is coming up in august and I am just really undecided on who to invite or if we should even have a party. So my mothers side of the family is really involved in her life and so are both sides of my husbands family but then there is my dads family which isn't involved AT ALL barely even my own dad... anyways I am not sure if I should invite them or not, I have invited them to her 1st and 2nd and some of them come but some don't. I dont want to stop inviting them and hurt their feelings nor hurt my dads feelings because none of his family is there. I don't know, am I being ridiculous?

Re: would you invite them?

• Options
    How many people can you accommodate considering both space and food budget? Feeding people is expensive! We don't do big, extended family parties in my family every year. There are way too many people and no one wants to spend that much money.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    My thoughts with family is you give them the opportunity, they decide whether or not to take it.  So if it were me, I'd continue to invite them with the expectation they probably won't show.  If they do, you can be pleasantly surprised.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    VORVOR member
    In all honesty - she's 3.  Possibly in the next year or two, you're not going to want to do the "big family party" anymore because she'll have friends that she'll want to invite instead.  It seems like around 4 or 5 is when the parties start to veer more into "friend" territory than "family" territory.

So if you want ot start scaling back the guest list, I see nothing wron gwith it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"