Baby Names
Options

Full name for nickname Bo

Hi I am intetested in male first names that could have the nickname Bo. Thanks in advance.

Re: Full name for nickname Bo

• Options
    Bodhi
    Boaz
    Bonifacio
    Boris
    Boyd

With a list like that, I might just go wiith Bo itself!
  • Options
    AF9211AF9211 member
    I knew a boy growing up named Robert whose nickname was Bo. Beau as a full name is nice, too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel like pretty much any B first name could be called "Bo" or really, if you like it as a nickname, it might work with any name.  We call my son Bubs a lot, and his first name is not Bubba.  And Bo Jackson's first name is Vincent.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My first boyfriend was Beau :)
    My prince

My princess

Name my baby!
  • Options
    I like Beau as a stand alone name, and Beauregard as a full name.
  • Options
    I knew a Matt who went by Bo so I'm thinking you can use it as a nn to any name? 
    Boden
  • Options
    @blu-eyedwifeGood point.
    @CrystalIRL That's my maiden name thus my uncles nickname was Bo. Trying to figure out how to use it. I am not sure if I am brave enough to use it as a first name. 
    @TarHeelMomToBe I have never heard Boaz. How do you pronounce?

• Options
    @genromeo My husband's vote is for Boyd. But when I asked the community, I got a lot about how it is mainly just a surname. 

• Options
    If your maiden name is Bowen, I would go with that. From PP, I also like Bodhi.
    imageimage
  • Options
    @TarHeeMomToBe - Thanks!

Thank you everyone for the suggestions/info. I am glad to find some new Bo- names to consider and also the possibility of using the nickname without a matching first name. I personally love Beau but  y husband isn't into it. And Bowen will stay on my dream list... maybe Owen is an option to honor by family while being a more common first name... 

• Options
    ktb31ktb31 member
    Are you a sports fan? You could use Vincent.
  • Options
    I like Bowen as a first name.

I knew a kid growing up whose name was Bowe, and I'm pretty sure it was his full name.  

Also like Bodhi.

• Options
    naflmjnaflmj member
    Robert, Bowen, Boden, Bode/Bohdi.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Options
    naflmjnaflmj member
    What is it with husbands and beau? It was my #1 pick and dh would only spell it Bo so it never happened.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Options
    naflmj said:
    What is it with husbands and beau? It was my #1 pick and dh would only spell it Bo so it never happened.
    Not just husbands... I really dislike the Beau spelling-- it just feels very pretentious to me.  And I get a mental image of a rich frat boy from it.  Bo, though, feels cute and unassuming.
  • Options
    naflmj said:
    Not just husbands... I really dislike the Beau spelling-- it just feels very pretentious to me.  And I get a mental image of a rich frat boy from it.  Bo, though, feels cute and unassuming.
    The pretentious feel of Beau is why my husband doesn't like it, too. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"