April 2013 Moms

Would you buy this for LO?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                                                                  

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

Re: Would you buy this for LO?

• Homeschooling for the most part, but I saw this on FB the other day. I just don't know how that would stop someone walking up to you and shooting you though. Especially if it just covers your back and you are down on your knees, exposing your sides. I would see how it can help if all the kids' backs were pointing towards the shooter.

Also, I don't know if it is strong enough to safely disperse the amount of energy a bullet produces. Even a cop with a bullet proof vest, would need medical attention if the bullet is placed in certain areas simply because of the amount of damage a bullet can do. It does still knock them off their feet and knock them out sometimes. So I don't know if a kid could handle that and still try to run away... 

I don't know about this product.

• Loading the player...
  • I honestly would buy it given the fact that LO would be slightly more protected. I agree that it wouldn't prevent someone from just walking directly on him and doing damage but it gives me just a tad bit peace of mind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• There are many schools in the country, including mine, where teachers are trained to evacuate the building and run for safety if the shooter is far away (the other side of the building). If the students wear these across their backs, it would prevent them from being injured while running away. On the other hand, if the shooter is within close proximity of the classroom, we barricade the door and hide. Knowing that I go to work everyday with the possibility of a shooter is worrisome enough, so I would do anything to protect E from this type of danger. So yes, I would want him to use it. Paying $1000 out if pocket? Now that's another story....
  • knitfaced said:
    It just makes me sick to my stomach that this product even needs to made.
    That's how I feel about it too.  I can't even wrap my brain around it.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Makes me want to spend $40K+ a year on a boarding school... until, of course, our shitty gun laws ruin boarding schools too. And at that point we will be moving abroad......
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"