Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Formula Question

My son is 2 months old and is drinking Enfamil Gentlease (We tried breastfeeding but were unsuccessful) Anyways for the past few weeks he has been pushing his bottle away and screaming. I tried switching to a medium flow nipple and even tried switching bottles and he does the same thing. I'm thinking he doesn't like the formula, has anyone else had this problem with the Enfamil? What are some good brands of formula? I have been thinking about switching anyways because it doesn't help with his gas at all.

Re: Formula Question

• Options
    We used Target brand gentle. It was cheoa and worked great, never had a problem with her refusing it.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Options
    Similac is the other big one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    With my son he did the same thing with similac so we had to switch to enfamil. With this baby we're using parents choice brand and she's doing great on it
  • Options
    We use gentlease.. didn't have a problem with it.. except we don't think it does anything for her gas... so we are going to switch to Similac Sensitive when we finish our Gentlease formula. 

As with the screaming... is there any formula blocking the hole in the nipple? When my LO did that we noticed she wasn't getting anything bc formula was blocking it. We ended up buying a formula mixer from Babies R us to make sure it was mixed well. 
  • Options
    My 2 month old is doing the same thing.  I have also tried switching to medium flow nipple and he does well sometimes, then I have to revert back to slow flow.  We use Gerber Goodstart Soothe.  He eats about 3 1/2 - 4 ounces, and few times 6.  I'm not sure whats going on either.  He has appt with pedi next week, going to ask her for advice.  
  • Options
    Starfish+77Starfish+77 member
    edited June 2014
    I also feed DS Gerber Soothe. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the temperature of the formula? Do you warm the bottle? Maybe he wants it warmed if you don't. If you do is it too warm? Just suggestions to consider. But since this has been going on a few weeks I don't think there's any harm in switching formula. Also with my DD she didn't do well on the powder formula as it made her very gassy when prepared as shaken up and very bubbly. She only did well on ready to feed which of course is expensive.
  • Options
    Same thing going on here. I have to stop him 2-3times per feeding to burp...otherwise he gets very gassy. I feel badly for him. He sees pedi on 25th so I'm holding out until then. Good luck!
  • Options
    Does he do this at every feed? Are there any signs of reflux? My LO started doing this too but also had other signs of reflux... She's on Zantac now which helps a little but sometimes she still fights her bottle. We moved her to a faster flow nipple to that helped.

In terms of formula she's on similac total comfort which helps a lot with gas my ped gave me the green light on switching formulas without her consent. She told me they all have the proper nutrition and it's just finding one that works.
  • Options
    I filter the water with a brita container and leave it sit out so its room temp not cold or warm. I've been doing this ever since he switched from bf to formula. Tomorrow I'm going to use the slow nipple with every feeding and see if that makes any difference.
  • Options
    LO loves regular Enfamil and Similac but she will not drink Gentlease by Enfamil! She hates it! Don't know why, but you're not alone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"