Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

5 Things Thursday

1. Cars: How many miles do you have one your car? What's your goal? What circumstance will make you get rid of it?

2. Ticket Stubs: What was the last thing you bought a ticket for your kid for? (It can count if they didn't need a ticket because they sat on your lap)

3. World Cup: Who's excited?

4. Open

5. Open

Re: 5 Things Thursday

• Options

1. 175K (as of tomorrow). 200K is the current goal. I'm keeping it for as long as possible though. We have 125K (as of last week) on my wife's car. We might have to get a bigger one in a couple years, but I've decided I'm going to keep it as a back up car for when mine has trouble or if I need to take more than one kid with me and can't drive my wife's car.

2. Wizard of Oz Musical. It was a bit slow. My son sat through the whole thing, but he said he wanted to go home a number of times.

3. I should be, but I haven't gotten to that point yet.

4. We get to take my wife's car to the dealership so they can spend 30-minutes fixing a recall on it. It's free. They had us do this a couple years ago and recommended doing $3,000 in maintenance. I didn't do any of it and never had a problem. I'm wondering how much they'll try to get out of me this time.

5. I've actually been sort of busy at work this past week. It's a nice change of pace. The day goes be so much smoother.

• Options

1. Cars: How many miles do you have one your car? What's your goal? What circumstance will make you get rid of it?  I have roughly 73,000 miles on my car.  I am looking at getting at least 200k miles out of it.  MW has a PT Cruiser that I would like to replace as soon as possible.  It has roughly 45k miles on it and has been a headache for the 3 years that we have had it.

2. Ticket Stubs: What was the last thing you bought a ticket for your kid for? (It can count if they didn't need a ticket because they sat on your lap): My son loves to ride the train and Merry Go Round at the local zoo where we are members.  I guess the last really ticketed item we did with him was take him to see Thomas the Train and ride the train.

3. World Cup: Who's excited? Meh, not really interested in the World Cup.

4. Open  My last car I made it to 205k while MW's car made it not even to 100k, it was a Pontiac Sunbird.  This is hopefully her last "American" made car by one of the "American" automotive companies.

5. Open  In a bad mood for some reason, been tired lately also.  Not sure if it is because of allergies, left over from my brochitis, or from being rained on the last two days while exercising outside.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1. Cars: How many miles do you have one your car? What's your goal? What circumstance will make you get rid of it?

After vacation, just over 120,000.  No particular goal.  I'll get rid of it when maintaining it exceeds its usefulness.

2. Ticket Stubs: What was the last thing you bought a ticket for your kid for? (It can count if they didn't need a ticket because they sat on your lap)

Tickets to the zoo and a number of museums this past week.  My 1 year old didn't need any tickets, but my 3 year old did.

Not me.  I don't care for watching soccer.

4. Just got back from a very busy vacation week.  11 hour drive to Arkansas, drove around Arkansas for 2 days, then an 11 drive back.  2 days at home, then a 3 hour drive to Chicago, stayed overnight and drove back the next evening.  Hit a total of 4 museums, a zoo and an alligator farm.

5. As long as I have children, I will have a DVD player, or the equivalent equipment, inside my vehicle.  It was a godsend.

• Options

I got 160k  on my honda civic. My goal is as long as it will go before its time to retire it. As i said i will get it rid of it when  i run it into the ground.

Dont have a little one yet but me and the wive went to see  How to Train your Dragon 2.

Could care less.

4. Open

My last car was a 96 honda civic I bought for 2400 dollars with 180k on it. I loved that car it was great also was my first car i bought. I had it for 4.5 years before i bought a new one. Retired with 267k on it and It could have been running still if i replace the clutch in it but i kinda wanted a new one/

5. Open

Nothing realy to put here today.

• Options
    PrimePrime member
    I was really busy at the end of last week so here is my delayed response.

I just finished running my last one into the ground.  This one has 34k on it.  I'll just be driving it until its dead unless life dictates a vehicle change.

Haven't bought a ticket for him or taken him somewhere that would need a ticket.  Coming up we'll be going to his first baseball game, so that will be the first "ticket".

Soccer isn't my thing.  I am partially paying attention just so I know what is going on.

4. We have an ultrasound today.  Wife has been very nervous all weekend that something will be wrong.  Hopefully my repeating of "everything will be fine" is proven correct today.

5. I have a final for one of my classes tomorrow.  After that I have one more month until my last class finishes and I graduate.  Can't wait to be done with this.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"