May 2014 Moms

Things that stimulate the let down reflex for me...

-Hearing my baby cry
-Thinking about my baby
-Hearing the grunting sounds LO makes when she is trying to poop/fart
-Thinking about my husband or anyone else I care about a great deal
-The sound of running water
-Various other seemingly random everyday occurrences

Anyone else? Will this level off? I am leaking like crazy here.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Things that stimulate the let down reflex for me...

• Not sure if it'll level off any, I'm ~7 weeks pp and I still leak all the time. I think just about anything will randomly trigger let down too. It's great, just started back at work and we wear maroon shirts. I'm always worried about spots showing up.
    May siggy challenge - Parenting Fails

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Singing or hearing a sentimental song! I found that out by coincidence.

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Loading the player...
  • We were at dinner with the in-laws and I randomly had a let down. It caught me off gaurd and was really tingly/borderline painful and I couldn't help but let out a little yelp. My SIL took one look at me and goes "you just leaked milk, didn't you".
  • If I get startled, excited or frustrated the tingling of let down starts. Oh also if I get a shiver, say walking thru the frozen section at the grocery store.
  • I sent a text message to my sister that I had to feed the baby in an hour... Leaked. My leaking is actually slowed down and I don't always let down until she is on. I think it actually frustrates LO. Makes me feel like I can't get her enough milk. Almost feel better when I can see it's flowing for her even if it means I'm a sticky mess. Wonder if it's bc my MIL is here and I'm not as comfortable whipping out the boobs?
  • Just looking at my girls will spark let down...and (any) crying ...and warm showers.

• I'm not really sure what my triggers are as it seems so random - but I agree - sometimes it's a tingly, painful feeling.  I had made myself some fabric breast pads - UM, they do NOT absorb enough, so I've bought the Lansinoh disposable breast pads - they've been a lifesaver - and an outfit saver! haha.
  • lrmrtnlrmrtn member
    I used to only leak if DS went unusually long between feedings. Now add when DS cries and when he starts eating, the other side leaks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ha yea, I think it's from the breast/nipple simulation. Both times it happened afterward though, not during ;)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • The first time we did it I had the girls out and they leaked pretty bad. The second time I kept them in with very little touching (I'm having pumping issues and they hurt) and I leaked a lot less.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • RoufiRoufi member
    Strangely enough sex is one of the only times they don't leak, even if H plays with them. I count this as a major blessing seeing as he's a boob man :)
  • Cleaning up dog puke. Ugh.

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image

• Cleaning up dog puke. Ugh.

This is so random!!!
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • libbylu7 said:

Cleaning up dog puke. Ugh.

This is so random!!!
    I was cleaning up our dogs mess this AM and my boobs started leaking full force. So gross.

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image

• Holding either child.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• That's why I keep my bra on during...
  • New ones:
    - talking about pumping
    - cleaning my pump parts
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • -Cold air
    -Anything that sounds like a baby cry
    -Running the shower/running water
    -Bending over too far/reaching down
    Nikolas Knight 
    Born: August 8th, 2009   8lbs 8oz  4:33pm

Nolan Lawrence 
    Born: May 21st2014   8lbs 14oz  3:27pm

There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. 
    One is roots; the other, wings."   -Hodding Carter
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"