December 2012 Moms
Options

Tub Poopers!!

I vaguely remember a discussion on LO's pooping during bath time awhile back. What did you guys do to stop this! This is the third bath in a row he's done it and every time he turns around, points and goes 'BUGGY!'... no Carter, that is not a buggy. The first time it was funny, but now it's just gross and annoying. The buggy part is still funny though lol

Re: Tub Poopers!!

• Options
    Weird that you posted this now... DD has pooped in the tub ONE time (right after she turned one), and then she did it again an hour ago.  I wasn't in the bathroom, but apparently she did it and then went "poop!" and DH went "huh? OH NO!"  And then she got a sad look on her face because of his reaction.  He cleaned it up.  I hope it never happens to me when I'm alone - I don't want to clean it up :P

Anyways, no idea how to make it stop... Do you have a potty?  We're trying to get in the habit of sitting on it for 5 minutes before bath time every night, and she's peed a few times... No poop in it yet, though.
  • Options
    jac409jac409 member
    Mine has only done it a couple of times, but she was on a streak there for awhile when she would stand up and pee in the bath. It was actually what prompted me to buy her a potty and start putting her on it before and after her bath. So far, so good. She hasn't gone in the tub since.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    He does have a potty and he actually tells me when he wants to go potty but he won't sit on it long enough to go. Normally when he asks he has to poo and I'll put him on his little toilet and we've gotten lucky with a few pees but for the most part he just gets off right away and then poops in his diaper 2 minutes later. Today shortly before his bath he asked so I sat him down and he stood up, ran away, and peed in the bathroom corner.

How do I go about getting him to sit there longer without making it a negative experience?
  • Options
    All the freaking time. I swear she saves it for bath time.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Addy1227 said:

How do I go about getting him to sit there longer without making it a negative experience?
    I don't know what works for others, but we take some board books in the bathroom and she reads while she sits there.
  • Options
    jac409jac409 member
    I started giving her jelly beans if she goes in the potty. She doesn't get them if she doesn't go. I keep a Baggie of them on the bathroom counter. Good ol' bribery.
  • Options
    We haven't had a tub poop yet BUT the trade off is that he's pooped on the porch (where he usually runs & pees during naked time), in the backyard (because is so darn hot & we're in/out of the pool all day on the weekends & i don't want to change him 50 times so he's just naked all day) and in the kitchen... he was naked & too busy coloring to stop & go outside so he just kept coloring, straightened one leg & pooped & stayed like that until we realized what he'd done & swooped him into the tub while DH cleaned up the floor.
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"