Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Closet Organizer

I thought I had a good plan for all the baby clothes, but I'm finding I need more drawer space then I originally thought. Our closet has the single bar across the top and a shelf above the bar. I'd like to get son kind of closet organizer. I'm thinking something that has a few drawers and adds a middle bar that goes half way or something. I looked at Target and didn't find what I'm looking for. I know Home Depot sells systems but I thought I'd ask around and see what people recommend. I'm attaching a picture of something I found online that is similar to what I'm looking for.
Married November 2009
Clara, August 2014 
Baby Boy due October 2017

Re: Closet Organizer

• Options
    asm07asm07 member
    Check out Ikea. They may have something similar. We bought a basket/drawer system for in the closet that has worked out wonderfully.
  • Options
    https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1594834/rubbermaid-max-add-on-closet-organizer.jsp 

We got these and they are amazing! I was originally going to have DH put in a wire system, but it was so expensive and this was quick and easy. I got them at kohls.com and stacked a 20% and a 30% off code so I ended up paying about $50 with tax (and free shipping).

FYI we have the same type of closet as you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Once you get the closet organizer like PPs mentioned be sure to pick up one of these kits. I have one set in each of the boys closets. It's worth it for the hangers alone but the boxes are nice as well. Added bonus you can divide everything by size.

https://www.walmart.com/msharbor/ip/15161888?&veh=mweb
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    I put in the closet maid shelf track system in both of DS's closets. That way, you can adjust the rods as their clothes get bigger. It does have drawers that you can install. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    epaprnepaprn member
    My MIL gave me a great idea- use shower rods/tension rods. This way you can adjust the height as needed as their clothing gets bigger/longer, and you don't have to sacrifice hanging things that are permanent. We are going to do this for my LO's closet. Once she gets bigger I will probably do some wire shelving from Home Depot.

TTC since 3/2012 
    Started charting 12/2012 
    BFP 2/10/13 - MC 3/4/13 
    BFP 6/23/13 - CP 6/27/13 
    BFP 12/31/13 EDD 9/11/14  **please be our rainbow baby!**

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options

I would check out Elfa system at The Container Store.  They have a planner tool online as well. Though it is similar to closetmaid the quality is superior.  I only bought the drawers and they are awesome. If I was going to redo a closet I'd use this system but as it stands I only buy components because I'm not ready to bite the bullet and entirely redo a closet. Easy to modify as your child gets older too.

I have several canvas hanging things as well.  One thing I love for DD is one that is labeled Monday-Friday.  I put her outfits in at the beginning on the week and DH appreciates that he can always grab an outfit rather than having to root around to look for what matches.

Another item to plan for is an easy place to throw too-small items to get ready for storage or donation.  I toss them in as we go and every few months I hand them down to my niece.

something like this:

https://www.containerstore.com/shop/elfa/bestSellingSolutions/closets?productId=10024424&N=68559&Nao=20

• Options
    I second elfa. We took out the single bar/shelf and added 8 drawers and lots of shelf and hanging space that can change and grow thru the years. Worth the extra money for the quality.

Off BC, NTNP since June 2011

Started acupuncture/herbs July 2012 

First BFP 9-8-2012,EDD 5-15-2013, heartbeat of 175 at 8w2d, mmc discovered on 10-26-12 (11w6d) Cytotec on 10/26/12

8/23/13 DX with non-IR PCOS

Second BFP 9.12.13, EDD 5.29.14, heartbeat of 114 at 6w1d, mmc discovered on 10-18-13, D&C on 10/23/13 (baby girl/Trisomy 10) 

Third BFP (surprise at Beta draw after d&c) on 1/10/14 (15dpo), EDD 9.20.14 Please be our RAINBOW!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"