Parenting after a Loss
Options

~*~* Toddler Check In*~*~

Happy Tuesday, ladies! 

How are you doing? 

Milestones?

Challenges?

Cute/ Funny Stories?

QOTW- What plans or special surprises do you have in store for Father's Day?

PAL JULY SIGGY CHALLENGE: CAKE WRECKS
You Made me a mommy... 

Ticker id: ARvP

imageimageimageimageimage
 Lilypie - (KAFM)

Re: ~*~* Toddler Check In*~*~

• Options
    How are you doing?   Alright, I suppose. Stressed to the max right now, as we've just found out 3 of our 4 childcare providers are no longer available, effective almost immediately. But that's a whole other post entirely...... 

Milestones? More molars coming in. Also, he is up to 8 words plus an animal sound that he uses appropriately and consistently. 

Challenges? Molars. Dear God, the molars. And the tantrums. And we're not even going to start talking about what happens when I need to change his diaper.... I am very challenged by the stage we are currently in with Ben. Trying very hard to be a calm, soothing presence, but I am struggling. 

Cute/ Funny Stories? Ben loves to fake sneeze and then "bless" himself. I heard him yesterday while he was playing and it was SO adorable. DH sneezed, and I said "Bless you." Then I hear Ben go "Aaaaachooo" and then "bes oo" to himself over and over. I was dying. 

QOTW- What plans or special surprises do you have in store for Father's Day? I made DH a photo mug on Shutterfly with some of my favorite pics of him and Ben (made one for my dad, too). I also got him a 12 pack of his favorite beer, and will be cooking his favorite dinner (chicken parm) on Sunday. Tomorrow while I'm home with Ben, we're going to make a card together for him to give DH. 

You Made me a mommy... 

Lilypie - (KAFM)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How are you doing? We're doing okay, I guess. The tension has risen in our house over the last week with DH scrambling to find work, Phoebe biting at daycare, falling at a friend's house on Saturday, and throwing up in our bed yesterday morning and last night.

Milestones? She is talking non-stop!  But no new milestones here.

Challenges? Biting at daycare, where did that come from?!  I watched her closely over the weekend, and I don't think it's biting out of anger.  I was sitting on the couch, and she walked up to hug my legs.  She put her head in my knees, then rubbed her face on me, and opened her mouth to bite.  It seems like more of a "I'm bored" biting.  I explained that we don't bite, but we'll definitely have to watch out for that.

Cute/ Funny Stories? I can't get over how much she loves the water!  We went to the waterpark again, and I love how she immediately takes off and wants to splash around.  Her giggles as she watches DH go down a slide headfirst are the best!

QOTW- What plans or special surprises do you have in store for Father's Day? No special plans.  We're actually going to visit my family this weekend, and will be driving back home on Sunday.  DH wants to watch the US Open.  I want to do a DIY gift for him from PJ, but I'm not sure how I'm going to find the time.

*** aka: andreahshields ***

*** July Siggy Challenge - Cake Wrecks ***

BFP#1 3/8/12; diagnosed w/ Anencephaly at 12w6d; D&C 5/9/12
    BFP#2 7/18/12; A/S 10/26/12 It's a Girl! EDD 3/29/13
    Phoebe Jordan Born 3/20/13

imageimage
  • Options
    @ProfessorPedals825, Ben has been biting like that, too, lately. He bites on EVERYTHING, though. I'm pretty sure it's teething related, but I hope you find a resolution soon. Do you think her throwing up has anything to do with her fall Saturday? I'm sorry things are so tense right now with you and your DH. I will keep you all in my prayers, especially that he finds a new job soon! 

@dani_banani1024- Ben says thank you, too, and it is the cutest darn thing ever! Also, the hunger strikes are something we're dealing with, too. He's turning up his nose at a lot of stuff he normally loves, so whether it's fickle toddlerness or teething related, I'm not sure... 

@VeilSdeGTO- How stinkin' cute- "I don't like the sun." I cracked up when I read that! Also, I hope her day at school w/o a diaper goes well! 
    You Made me a mommy... 

Lilypie - (KAFM)

• Options
    New to the toddler check in- it's weird to think I have a toddler now.
    How are you doing?
    I'm doing good, I have some days where I want to pull my hair out but overall I'm great :)
    Milestones?
    Well dd's molars have all been coming in at once, she has her first and some of her second molars. She said I love you
    Challenges?
    Tantrums and all of sudden little miss is fighting me when I put her down for her nap.
    Cute/ Funny Stories?
    She loves to makes people laugh so she will fake laugh and continues to laugh and when it makes you laugh she has laughing match with you, it's adorable.

QOTW- What plans or special surprises do you have in store for Father's Day? I ordered dh a beer mug that says dad on it with dd's birthday and then I have a picture with her that's spells out dad. We are going on vacation this weekend so we are taking him to eat as well :)
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                            Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • Options
    How are you doing? 
    Pretty good.  Tired, but that's to be expected

Milestones? Pointing up a storm.  First dentist apt today (I know I'm late with that).  He was so proud to get his Thomas sheets for his toddler bed today.  He is a bit over 2.5 yrs.  For those unfamiliar, he was dx with autism and has developmental delays as a result.  The pointing is incredibly huge for him.  And he claps and high fives lately as well.  Woo hoo!

Challenges? The usual.  The dentist today was a clusterfuck as expected...but a necessary one.  He's been a huge handful with acting out when I nurse his sister as well...partly normal 2 yr old antics...but it is accentuated by the autism and is hard to be dealing with that solo 90% of the time (DH works A LOT and is military and therefore not home much...like ever).

Cute/ Funny Stories? I let him graze one morning for bfast.  I was tending to the baby and asked him if he was eating his bfast as I looked up and saw him dump the whole bowl on the ground.  He said proud as punch, "My did it".  Yeah, you sure did.

QOTW- What plans or special surprises do you have in store for Father's Day? Going to try and take the D-A-D pics tomorrow.  Probably will have the kids do some sort of art for him later this week.  On the day of I'd like to take him to a bfast joint he's not been to since getting home and we'll probably have a family dinner of something he likes that night. 

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options
    102007102007 member
    Hi ladies, this is my first check in

How are you doing? I think I'm almost done bleeding from this miscarriage....so basically I'm doing pretty cr@ppy. I decided to send DD to daycare this week even though I'm home from work. I just want to do nothing...so that's what I'm doing. Binging on Netflix and knitting. Thank god I hadn't started anything for the new baby (I was 5w2d when I started bleeding). I'm halfway done with the second sleeve of a sweater dress for DD. I decided that this week would be perfect to use a massage gc I'd been saving, so I'll do that tomorrow. Considering getting a brow wax and mani/pedi too. I don't really have the cash planned for a mani/pedi...but I feel like I don't care and will just make it work.

Milestones? I don't think so

Challenges? Bedtime, oh bedtime. She used to go down so easily, and now she just cries and cries. It doesn't seem to help to go back for one more story, one more snuggle, one more tuck in. Even when we DO all those things, she still cries for at least 5 min before falling asleep. Not looking forward to how she does when we go out of town this weekend, which is always a challenge to begin with sleep-wise!

Cute/ Funny Stories? A million. Our girl is a crazy articulate talker. This week her deal is telling us to "take a seat, I'll be right back." (she must get that from daycare?) She also requests for her hair to be in piggy tails, and I'm happy to oblige.

QOTW- What plans or special surprises do you have in store for Father's Day? We're going out to visit my sister and brother in law. I don't think we'll play up Father's day itself too much as they have been dx w/IF recently, and we're obviously having issues right now. My plan is to get DH some dress shirts that he has requested and that's pretty much it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"