April 2013 Moms
Options

GTKY: Pet Peeves

tondraluvtondraluv member
edited June 2014 in April 2013 Moms
I'm sitting in my office and one of my colleague's (aka Pissy hands) is especially getting on my nerves today. That got me thinking about my pet peeves and what drives you all nuts. Here's my short list: 

Close talkers 
People who don't use their signals while driving 
People who use their speaker phone unnecessarily 
People who stop in the middle of the isle at the store (like target) like they're sightseeing 
People who are rude to workers 
Rude people in general

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: GTKY: Pet Peeves

• Options
    Ignorance, disrespect and seeing teeth on cloth or chewing on cloth is like nails on a chalkboard to me.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Options
    I hate when people are rude to workers too; it's a sure sign they've never worked in customer service before.

My biggest pet peeve right now is when people start using their cell phones mid-conversation with me. Or start checking them while they're driving.
    Anniversary  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    People who are telling a story and drag it out forever before getting to the point. Come onnnnnnn. I'm going to walk away in a minute here!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    Kate_CKate_C member

People who are telling a story and drag it out forever before getting to the point. Come onnnnnnn. I'm going to walk away in a minute here!

In college we had a running joke with stories like that... End it with "and then I found $5." It gives any pointless story a point.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Kate_CKate_C member
    Audible gum chewing. Or really, any unnecessarily loud chewing.

And rudeness/inconsiderate behavior is a given.
  • Options
    Also people who don't wash their hands in public restrooms.

• Options
    1. Bad grammar -- like, misuse of borrowed vs. loaned, you're/your, too/to, etc. MIstakes are one thing, but if you do it over and over again... oy.

2.  When people add a possessive to the end of a name of something -- like, a restaurant.  The restaurant is called Figlio, not Figlio's, etc. 

3.  Dirty dishes in the sink when the dishwasher is empty.  I can't even talk about this. 

4. When DH buys something at the grocery store without checking to see if we need it, like mustard or pasta sauce or something -- and then instead of sticking it in the cupboard until we run out, he opens it, so then we have 2 open containers in the fridge.  

5.  If you are chronically late, I think you are selfish and disorganized.  IT is NOT that hard to get somewhere on time, or at least send a text saying you're running late, no matter how many children you have or how stressful your job/life is.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    People who text me back when I have specifically asked them to call me People who are rude to restaurant wait staff People who try to one up you instead of being empathetic or celebrating with you People who drive in the left lane of the highway without passing slower drivers, people who text while driving, people who fail to use a turn signal.
    OMG YES.  Or any sort of service person.  A person who is rude to the waiter/tress is not a good person.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Kate_C said:
    2.  When people add a possessive to the end of a name of something -- like, a restaurant.  The restaurant is called Figlio, not Figlio's, etc. 
    Or when people make it inappropriately possessive on holiday cards. "Merry Christmas from the Johnson's!" From the Johnson's what?
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Ps, yes I realize that my inappropriate and outdated Internet slang is probably someone's pet peeve, but since I've already been totally called out in this post, I have nothing to lose!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    People talking/texting driving
    Not using turn signals
    garbage overflowing the can
    When people text back "k" 
    When your trying to turn in somewhere when driving and no one lets you go 
    Putting damp clothes away (I remember my mom would do this when I was a kid I hated it! Turn the stupid dryer back in for 10 mins)!
    Not cleaning water up around the sink
    Empty toilet paper or paper towel rolls
    Ugh I have a lot 
  • Options
    People who text and drive.
    People who suck at driving.
    All drivers in the state of Maryland.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • Options
    elbouelbou member
    People who are perfectly capable of using the stairs/escalator taking up space in the elevator at the expense of someone who actually needs to use the elevator...arg!

• Options
    I thought of another one... When people don't return their buggys to the cart return and when they are so full they line up out into the driving lanes in the parking lot. X(
  • Options
    We're kindred spirits @melandjames14‌

• Options
    skidderdo said:

People who text and drive.
    People who suck at driving.
    All drivers in the state of Maryland.

Hey now. I am from MD. I'll give you a few minutes if you want to revise that statement. ;-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Besides the obvious (rude dudes, etc)

People who are chronically late
    People who say "cool beans" (my aunt does this (and its actually her license plate) and it is insanely annoying to me)
    People who post political rants on Facebook
    Jerks who rev their crotch rocket engines as if they're sooooooo cool
    Corvette drivers
    Parents who let their kids gorge on junk food (like, at the zoo last weekend and I saw parents who were letting their kids drink a 40 oz coke and eat a full size bag of lays)
    "Bubble gum" necklaces

ETA: yeah, I shouldn't drink and post. This looks a little more aggressive than it did last night. Sorry all! :)

• Options
    People who don't have kids who post things on fb about raising kids and how to parent!!!!! You have no clue what it's like to be a parent!!

imageimageimage

• Options
    Besides the obvious (rude dudes, etc) People who are chronically late People who say "cool beans" (my aunt does this (and its actually her license plate) and it is insanely annoying to me) People who post political rants on Facebook Jerks who rev their crotch rocket engines as if they're sooooooo cool Corvette drivers Parents who let their kids gorge on junk food (like, at the zoo last weekend and I saw parents who were letting their kids drink a 40 oz coke and eat a full size bag of lays) "Bubble gum" necklaces

What's wrong with vette drivers? :-??
  • Options
    People that try to use words and don't know what they mean.

People who don't discipline their children.

Rudeness to service workers!!!!

This one is kinda long.... When people all of a sudden "change" or "find God" then act like they weren't a total s*ut five minutes ago.

Judgment.

Able bodied people who use the elevator for one floor.

Using the wrong homophone. You're (not your) at least a high school graduate, you don't know the difference between they're, there and their?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    hatroopeshatroopes member
    edited June 2014
    I generally hate people but these in particular have been getting on my nerves lately:

- People who violate my personal space, like breathing down my neck will make this line move any faster!

- Loud people

- Taking forever at the ATM or self-checkout line

- People who take up a seat with their bag 

ETA: Oh, and when I send an email asking two questions and get a reply to just one of the questions. Then I have to send another follow-up email X(

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• Options
    Luckey4 said:

Besides the obvious (rude dudes, etc)

People who are chronically late
    People who say "cool beans" (my aunt does this (and its actually her license plate) and it is insanely annoying to me)
    People who post political rants on Facebook
    Jerks who rev their crotch rocket engines as if they're sooooooo cool
    Corvette drivers
    Parents who let their kids gorge on junk food (like, at the zoo last weekend and I saw parents who were letting their kids drink a 40 oz coke and eat a full size bag of lays)
    "Bubble gum" necklaces

What's wrong with vette drivers? :-??

Ha! Nothing, in theory. It's just that my stupid dad likes them so I have a weird association with them. My mom also always called them "penis extenders" when I was younger so that may have something to do with it.

• Options
    I
    hatroopes said:

People who violate my personal space, like breathing down my neck will make this line move any faster!

This! I hate when ppl stand or walk super close. Like ppl who are right up on me in the grocery check out. I also hate lazy and late people. Lately ppl who are slow grocery shoppers have been annoying me too. It's like pick one of the thirty cucumbers and move along.

• Options
    katielyn1 said:
    People who don't have kids who post things on fb about raising kids and how to parent!!!!! You have no clue what it's like to be a parent!!
    On the flip side, people who post and repost things about how hard it is to be a parent, and how stressful it is to be a SAHM, and how people who don't have kids have no idea what it is like.  Annoying to the max.  

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    This is a new one for me since it just happened: when a co-worker tracks me down in bathroom to tell my 3 o clock is here...then stands there waiting...Yes, let me jump right up and greet them with my pants down lady!  Offer them some damn water and tell them I'll be right there! jeesh.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Trin42 said:

- Leaving shoes behind the front door therefore making it impossible for the front door to open wide enough to get through while holding a baby and groceries. (CONSTANT battle at our house!)

- texting. I don't do it. If you text me, I will not text you back. It's not easier than calling to talk nor is it easier than emailing. And it costs me $0.25 per text.

Girl you need to renegotiate that cell phone contract. I didn't realize that companies even charged for texts anymore, unless you hit your max

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    With my husband my pet peeves are:
    -Him getting mad at shit I can't control.
    -Leaving without telling me (I love to go places too).
    -Leaving the doors open while I have the AC on.. and not putting screens in windows or doors because I hate bugs. (though he is working on that)

General pet peeves: 
    -Sunday driving.
    -Look-y Lou
    -Not using your signal
    -Driving with high beams
    -Not going when the light turns green

I am very Californian when it comes to driving. People drive way differently out here and I am still not used to it. People take their time and take in the scene. I drive to get to point A, B, and C then come back home.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"