November 2013 Moms
Options

Solids-Sorry if Repeat

Hi ladies!!
I haven't been on in a long time but I have a question and the search didn't turn up results. 
Emma is still taking EP breastmilk. I just want to make sure she's getting enough food. Pediatrician said not to offer milk with solids. 
I'm going to post her schedule. Any input would help.

8am- 8 ounces breastmilk
12pm- 2 ounces of veggie and 2 ounces of fruit with 2-3 ounces of water
4pm- 2 ounces of veggie and 2 ounces of fruit with 2-3 ounces of water
8-10pm- 7 to 8 ounces of breastmilk.

Is this enough breastmilk? He said I could offer milk 2 hours after she has solids. Thoughts? What are you ladies doing?

TIA!
Gris

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Solids-Sorry if Repeat

• Options
    thanks for responding! 

• Options
    justMaikejustMaike member
    edited June 2014
    My pedis food 'schedule' or guidelines also said (for 7-9 months) 24-28oz of breastmilk or formula so yeah that is pretty low.

Eta. I breastfeed LO first and after one hour I give him solids about 3oz.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    barista411barista411 member
    edited June 2014
    That seems really low to me. I'm in the camp of "food before one is just for fun". I'm not sure how many oz DS eats because I haven't pumped in a long time but I believe they should still be having an oz an hour.

Here is a calculator from Kelly Mom that tells you how many oz LO should be drinking a day:
    https://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/pumping/milkcalc/

And here is part of the article that follows the calculator that talks about how many ounces a baby on solids should have:
    "One study found average breastmilk intake to be 30 oz per day (875 ml/day; 93% of total intake) at 7 months and 19 oz (550 ml/day; 50% of total energy intake) at 11-16
    months."

ETA: Here is another calculator that is based on babies size: https://www.fourfriends.com/cgi-bin/milk.pl
  • Options
    thanks all! I will figure out a way to add more. Thanks!

• Options
    Layla drinks about 25oz of formula a day. She normally has a 5oz bottle about an hour before solids. She has a bottle roughly every 3 hours.

6:30 am: 5oz bottle
    9:30 am: 5oz bottle
    10:30 am: 2oz fruit and 2oz oatmeal
    12:30 pm: 5oz bottle
    1:30 pm: 2oz meat and 2oz veggie
    3:30 pm: 5oz bottle
    Dinner is a little different we do solid then bottle
    6:30 pm: 2oz meat, 2 oz veggie, and a little fruit if she wants it.
    7:30 pm: 5oz bottle

She goes to bed around 8 pm and doesn't eat at night.

Are you doing nighttime feeds? 16oz seems very little. Maybe you misheard your Ped, I don't think he ment no BM throughout the day, just probably not right after or before solids.

• Options
    Your LO should be nursing every 2-3 hours. Also make it a goal to feed her Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner of "solids".

How many wet diapers do you have in 24hrs? If less than 6, she isn't taking in enough. Offer her like I said, every 2-3hrs and if unsuccessful, you may want to look into formula.
    photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"