Parenting
Options

Share Your Strawberry Shortcake Recipe

I never made strawberry shortcake, but I'd like to try. Does anyone have a good recipe for fluffly shortcake? We went strawberry picking yesterday and there's no way we're going to eat them all.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)

Re: Share Your Strawberry Shortcake Recipe

• Options
    The most effort I'd put into strawberry shortcake would be when I squirt that nasty strawberry flavored corn syrup onto a store-bought angel food cake after putting sliced strawberry on top of it. 

I would consider making the cake part from angel food cake mix, but that's about it.
    Ain't got time for that.
  • Options
    There used to be a recipe on the back of a Bisquick box I always used. It's probably still on the boxes. That's always been my favorite for the shortcake. With the strawberries, I just mash with sugar and serve with loads of whipped cream!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OMG how did I forget to mention whipped cream? In a can. Most would go right into my mouth. Or on DH later tonight (JK, he's too hairy for body toppings). 
  • Options
    fresh biscuit, crushed strawberries, and whip cream.  
            image image  image 
    To be loved, and to be in love
  • Options
    Angel food cake, macerated strawberries (slice strawberries, sprinkle with sugar, mix, let sit for a couple hours), and whipped cream. Angel food cake from scratch is about a million times better than store bought. If you have a tube pan, I prefer this recipe https://bakingbites.com/2005/06/the-best-angel-food-cake/
    -------------------------------------
  • Options
    If you want something sweet and dense I use pound cake. For light and fluffy, definitely angel food cake.

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....
    MC#1- 12/2008, MC#2- 05/2009, MC#3 07/2009, MC#4 11/2009

Training to become an IBCLC. BF Questions? Just ask!

• Options
    I like my strawberry shortcake on pound cake. If you want a short cut method buy the Sara Lee poundcake from the freezer section slice strawberries, add sugar a capful of vanilla extract, which makes a great syrup, spoon that over the pound cake top with whip cream or vanilla ice cream. Delicious!

• Options
    cake sounds amazing.  i've only ever had it with a (fluffy) biscuit.  delicious but not light.  

however long the night, dawn will break.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"