Parenting after 35
Options

God Makes um cute for a reason!

It is sad when your 10 week old puppy is sleeping through the night and your 6 month old human baby isn't.  Last night was one for the books.  I can see why shaken baby syndrome can occur.  *Never once was he shaken or even remotely in any form of danger*  Mr. Man woke up around 9:45pm, went upstairs, fed him and went to put him back to sleep and he was not having any of it.  I changed his diaper, I tried rocking him back to sleep, I gave him tylenol because his one bottom tooth is starting to poke out of the gum and the other one is about to erupt.  I kept putting him down and having to go back in.  My hubs even helped out a few times but to no avail.  1am and he is still up and I was ready to launch him out the window.  He was drooling so much I had to change his pajamas and his sheet. SO not fun!  He was so unbelievably exhausted but would look at me and just light up like a Christmas tree with a one tooth smile.  Finally had hubs bring him downstairs and put him in the swing and he finally fell alseep around 1:30.  Mama is TIRED!!!!  

I have noticed he  pulls this insane I refuse to sleep thing right before he acquires a new skill.  He is working very hard on his crawling and he was "practicing" in his crib all last night.  I have read some babies will do that.  Lucky me!!!!

Hope everyone else had a restful evening.  I may crash and burn before dinner.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: God Makes um cute for a reason!

• Options
    Ya that's pretty common, and combined with the teething that can make for a loooong night! Poor mama. :(

I had a total weaning meltdown last night and nobody on the breastfeeding board responded to my post. I don't think I'm going to post on there anymore. I never get much feedback.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    Geeps2Geeps2 member
    Awwww Guennie!  I am sorry that you are having such a hard time.  Like I said in another post I completely get it.  Think of it this way, you should be so very proud of yourself for making it this far.  You had a difficult time and you plowed through like a champ.  It's ok to stop even through it doesn't feel that way right now. The AAP and the World Health Org. all use 6 months as their recommendation for how long to breastfeed for (obviously if you want to do it longer have at it) but you made it to 6 months and that is quite an accomplishment.  Hugs coming your way.  Hope you can find some peace in your decision soon.   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Your six month old already has a tooth?? Wow! DD cut her first tooth the week before we took her for her 1 year dentist appointment. Then promptly cut 4 in a single week! It was one heckuva week. And I hear you. My 5 week old is still demanding to eat every 3-4 hours. I'm hoping like heck he starts spreading it out a bit. Oh, and he's still pooping at 3 am after an hour of grunting, groaning, farting loudly, and needing to be held. I go back to work on Wednesday and have no flipping idea how I'm going to survive!
  • Options
    @Geeps2 - I completely understand what you mean on the frustration level.  We had a great weekend with sleeping at our house.  Put DD down Friday night about 7:45, she slept in her crib until 5am!  I can't even remember the last time that happened!  Saturday night, same bed time, she made it til 4!  I was SO happy, I thought maybe this phase was coming to a close.  Last night, same bed time, up at 10pm, wouldn't go back down in her crib for anything.  She slept in bed with me all night.

Just when I think maybe it's getting better, we take a HUGE step backwards.  And we already have both bottom teeth, but with the drooling going on around our parts, there have to be more teeth close behind.

Sorry you're having such a hard time @Guennie!  Hopefully everyone has a better night tonight!
  • Options
    What an awful night. I hate those nights.  There is a 6 month growth spurt.  I'm pretty sure there is a wonder week around then too.  And teething is a bitch!

https://www.essentialbaby.com.au/baby/baby-stages-of-development/the-wonder-weeks-20120426-1xni4.html

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Geeps2Geeps2 member
    Thanks for the link Shelly!  That was very a very interesting read :)  I'm hoping for a sunny week soon lol.  He deff. has the teething going on as well as the coordinating crawling as well so we have lots going on.

@ MommyAtty- I was as shocked as you to see a tooth.  My Daughter was a late teether, she got her first teeth at 9 months so I was fully expecting the same with my little man. His teeth had other plans lol.

• Options

Stay strong! Moments like that are what remind us that we aren't 20-something Mom's!!

DS was/IS a HORRID sleeper!!! I finally gave in and realized that 10 minutes of hypnotic TV at the end of the night before bed and carrying him to his room is not going to scar him for life, but it will get me 3+ extra hours of sanity and sleep each night.  Sure the ped's give the stink-eye, but they aren't at our house helping nor staying up all night every night, nor dealing with the repercussions of what happens when the 9yo doesn't get HER beauty sleep!

Use what works FOR YOUR FAMILY!  If that means you snuggle to sleep in the recliner, so be it!  It's safer than an over-exhausted Mom.  Also for the drooling times, we just put bibs on and switched them out frequently - saved tons of outfit changes! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    On Saturday, after a seriously terrible night of sleep, I told DH "I don't condone child abuse, and I would never do it, but I seriously understand it right now!" Lol. Worst part is that I have a super sweet baby who just wants to gaze lovingly into Mommy's eyes in the middle of the night! Luckily, we have now had 4 nights in a row where he only eats once! And he's spending less time with the loving 2am gazes! Whew!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"