April 2013 Moms
Options

Teething temp question.

edited June 2014 in April 2013 Moms
What is a normal temp for teething?

Logan has had a temperature for over a day and a half. Yesterday it was 103 after his nap and tonight before his next dose of Tylenol it was 101. My mom says his temp was too high for it to be teeth, but he is showing no signs of getting or being sick. Maybe he was warmer after sleeping? (He never keeps a blanket on and he was only in a diaper and shirt.)

I am going to call the clinic tomorrow if he isn't getting better. I have made sure he is hydrated and he isn't out of it, just cranky and snuggly.

ETA I don't think it's his ears, either. They don't seem to bother him. He hasn't been messing with them.
Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Re: Teething temp question.

• Options
    This happened to my daughter and I took her to the clinic and they thought it was some kind of virus. She had a high fever for i think 3-4 days and then the fever went away and she had a rash for about 4 days. I was freaking out bc the fever was high and I didnt know what was wrong with her, but since the rash came I am pretty sure she had roseola. That could be a possibility for your little guy. Either way I hope he feels better and I would call the clinic also if you think he needs to be seen or you are worried!  
  • Options
    I also gave her warm baths (not cold)  a couple times a day to keep her from getting too hot. I think it helped some.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh and if you do give him baths only have him in there for a few minutes, I wouldnt make them long baths
    Sorry for the rambling! 
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    What was her temp?

I have been keeping him only in his diaper and making sure he is hydrated.
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Options
    Yeah you dont want him to get cold bc that will make his internal body temp warmer. so if its cool in the house I would put some clothes on him. She got up to 102.5, possibly higher at some points but that is the highest temp i took from her and her whole body felt like it was on fire. Tylenol helped some and when i went to the dr after the 2nd day he gave me some ibuprofen and that seemed to help as well with the temp
  • Options
    She was also real cranky and Super cuddly the whole time she was sick and while she had her rash, she barely wanted to leave my side
  • Options
    103 isn't teething... Way too high
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • Options
    hopefully fever resolves soon! PS having a sick baby is the worst (<-- dealing with sick kid all week)
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • Options
    When will had Roseola his fever was that high and he wasn't acting sick at all either... Just more sleepy than normal. Sure enough, the fever broke and along came the rash.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Options
    His fever finally broke last night! Yay! No rash yet. Fingers crossed!
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"