August 2013 Moms
Options

NBR: You care too much about YA fiction when...

BellaOsoBellaOso member
edited June 2014 in August 2013 Moms
The movie version of "The Fault in our Stars" comes out and you realize when Hazel kisses Gus it is also Tris from "Divergent" kissing her brother Caleb.

Also you ordered and read "The One" (from "The Selection" Trilogy) the day it came out.

Re: NBR: You care too much about YA fiction when...

• Options
    GAH! I've read everything mentioned! And now I'm afraid I won't be able to not be thoroughly confused when I watch TFIOS! (Also devoured The Selection series in like 2 days)
    While we're in here, do you all have any book recommendations for young (at heart) adults? LOL!
             image         image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hehe that was my first thought the very first time I saw the preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Jackson was born 8/11/2013 3:53 am 6 lbs 12 oz
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    GAH! I've read everything mentioned! And now I'm afraid I won't be able to not be thoroughly confused when I watch TFIOS! (Also devoured The Selection series in like 2 days)
    While we're in here, do you all have any book recommendations for young (at heart) adults? LOL!
    @AprilRaine - I needed a break from YA, and started reading some random stuff that I really enjoyed. I read a book called "The Winter People" - scary/suspense, I read "A Watershed Year" heartbreaking and uplifting. I also read the "Matched" Trilogy (YA). "The Memory Child" (Holmes) was disturbing but pretty good if you like to have your mind screwed with.

My brother also wrote a book which was published a few days ago, but I don't want anyone searching his book and finding me online. If you are interested PM me and I will text you the name. It is a twist on a classic and is bloody brilliant. Even if he wasn't my brother I would be recommending it.

I have to confess that I can and will read almost anything. I am a book whore of the first order.

I also always recommend the "Wool" (Howey) series to people. They are an excellent sci-fi dystopian series and it is like 3 books that made a serial on Kindle so it is llllloooonnnnggg I hate being between books so it is nice to find a big meaty series that this that is excellent.

• Options
    @BellaOso:  Awesome! Thanks so much for the recs DH got me a Paperwhite for our anniversary and I've been plowing through books ever since (11 in two months to be exact! LOL). Really, I have no idea why the laundry hasn't been done dear! 
    I'm a huge sci-fi and dystopian novel fan so I'll definitely be checking those out. 
    And about to send you a PM now too!
             image         image
  • Options
    I absolutely ADORED The Frost books by Kate Avery Ellison, if anyone is looking for something to read. She also has a new series out called The Secrets of Itlantis, which is also really good. I'm waiting on the third book to come out. 

I confess I am a huge YA addict, but I cannot read a book about kids with cancer. It just makes me too sad. I had a friend die of a brain tumor when we were 8, so that might be why. 

In any case, we should have a check-in about what we are reading! I have gotten some awesome recommendations from @BellaOso I think you recommended The Frost books to me? I also found The Selection series because of you as well. 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• Options
    I absolutely ADORED The Frost books by Kate Avery Ellison, if anyone is looking for something to read. She also has a new series out called The Secrets of Itlantis, which is also really good. I'm waiting on the third book to come out. 

I confess I am a huge YA addict, but I cannot read a book about kids with cancer. It just makes me too sad. I had a friend die of a brain tumor when we were 8, so that might be why. 

In any case, we should have a check-in about what we are reading! I have gotten some awesome recommendations from @BellaOso I think you recommended The Frost books to me? I also found The Selection series because of you as well. 
    @coraggiosa
    I wish I could take credit for the Frost Series rec, but alas, I cannot. I haven't read them yet, but may need to start soon.

I loved The Selection books.

I could definitely do a reading check in. :)

• Options
    We are like... the same person. lol!!

I find it so odd that they picked the same actors to play brother/sister and then boyfriend/girlfriend when the movies came out so closely together! #totesawk

I still need to download the last book of The Mortal Instrument Series.  I'm slacking!!
    photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• Options
    V&G101808 said:

I find it so odd that they picked the same actors to play brother/sister and then boyfriend/girlfriend when the movies came out so closely together! #totesawk

I still need to download the last book of The Mortal Instrument Series.  I'm slacking!!
    It was awesome! I'm pretty pleased with the way that series ended. The best part? There is a possibility of some sort of sequel with the way it was written. My fingers are crossed! 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• Options
    Check out The Eighth Guardian by Meredith McCardle. I blew through that one- such a page turner. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    V&G101808 said:

YESSS!!! Seems a weird casting choice. When I watched ad the first time I thought, "I know who she is, but who is that guy? I recognize him, but where from?" I like both actors though, so I guess we shall see. It certainly has done well in theaters so far.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"