Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Ludial phase defect

Hello

My story starts dec (2012) when I went off the pill and we started trying. I felt lucky bc I got pregnant 2 months later. Then miscarried at 5.3 weeks. I had a D&C in April I got pregnant again in Sept and miscarried again in November this time 7.4weeks.

Through genetic testing, endometrial biopsy and plenty of other tests we learned that I have a fibroid (or pollup) to be removed in June. We also learned today I have severe abnormal ludial phase defect (dyasynchrony). It's hard for me to get my head around. I've always has normal periods (4 days long every 30 days). We have an appt tues to discuss treatments and schedule the fibroid removal.

Can anyone explain what's going on or what causes it? The nurse explained it like a brick later trying to lay smooth layers of morter but my liner/layer is crumbling. It just feels like 1 thing after another. I'm a teacher and my husband runs a coaching business for triathletes. We don't have a lot of money. Does insurance cover this sort of thing?

Any advice is appreciated. Very sad and very overwhelmed in atlanta.

Re: Ludial phase defect

• Options
    tlc35tlc35 member
    I'm sorry for your loss.  My understanding is that a luteal phase defect generally happens when progesterone is low during the luteal phase (between ovulation and a period or implantation).  This doesn't allow your uterus to create the proper environment for implantation.  As for what insurance covers, this varies widely from plan to plan.  You might be able to find out by reading your Explanation of Benefits but even then it is kind of a maze and difficult to navigate.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Options
    I'm so sorry for you losses.  I'm on my third miscarriage, but still no answers as to why... I'm sorry that I don't have any advice for you there.  However, I do know that my insurances pays for treatment as I continue the journey towards a healthy pregnancy.  I started seeing an Reproductive Endocrinologist after the second loss- just make sure they do NOT code you as infertility- I think they call it something like "prevention of loss." It sounds like you (as well as I thus far) have no problems getting pregnant, it's the staying pregnant that our bodies struggle with.  Contact your insurance to double-check prior to seeing anyone just to be on the safe side- they can also tell you which doctors are covered under your plan.  Best wishes for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thx you ladies
  • Options
    well, I suffered through years of fertility treatments until a new doc discovered a polyp...almost immediately I had it removed and 2 months later I got pregnant naturally and my kid is now 2yo. I talked to women who suffered from dyasynchromy and they were successful taking the homeopathic route..it's cost effective too..removing the fibroid was the best thing I ever did in my life..good luck to you and keep us posted.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Brendisimma can you explain the homeopathic remedies? I'm having the fibroid removed in July and start progesterone suppositories that month also. Wish there was an easier way to do all this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"