Infertility Veterans
Options

New here. Looking for advice on LPD

Hello

My story starts dec (2012) when I went off the pill and we started trying. I felt lucky bc I got pregnant 2 months later. Then miscarried at 5.3 weeks. I had a D&C in April I got pregnant again in Sept and miscarried again in November this time 7.4weeks.

Through genetic testing, endometrial biopsy and plenty of other tests we learned that I have a fibroid (or pollup) to be removed in June. We also learned today I have severe abnormal ludial phase defect (dyasynchrony). It's hard for me to get my head around. I've always has normal periods (4 days long every 30 days). We have an appt tues to discuss treatments and schedule the fibroid removal.

Can anyone explain what's going on or what causes it? The nurse explained it like a brick later trying to lay smooth layers of morter but my liner/layer is crumbling. It just feels like 1 thing after another. I'm a teacher and my husband runs a coaching business for triathletes. We don't have a lot of money. Does insurance cover this sort of thing?

Any advice is appreciated. Very sad and very overwhelmed in atlanta.

Re: New here. Looking for advice on LPD

• Options
    Mrs.McIrishMrs.McIrish member
    edited June 2014
    I'm sorry to hear of your troubles but this isn't the right board. This board is only for posters who were on the regular Infertility Board for at least 6 months of active posting. Most of us have done many, many rounds of IVF and "know" one another due to extended histories with loss/infertility/donor issues etc.

I'd suggest you check out the Infertility Board or Trouble Trying to Conceive. They can help with diagnosis issues and support.

I believe you mean you have a "luteal phase defect". Progesterone can usually fix that. Polyp removals are common. Fibroids are not usually removed unless they are in the way of where an embryo would implant.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options
    Dot30324Dot30324 member
    edited June 2014
    I understand. Just know everyone needs support where it's been 6 months or 6 years
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dot30324 said:
    Wow way to kick some off a board looking for help. I thought we are all here to support each other
    Mrs. McIrish is just trying to point you to the appropriate board. This is the infertility veterans board. Like McIrish explained it was created for women who have been active on for 6+ months on the infertility board. Most of the posters here have been through several failed IVF cycles and have been dealing with infertility for years. Given what you have told us, you are much better suited for trouble trying to conceive (3T) or the infertility board.

LPD is often an easily treated with progesterone supplementation. Fertility meds can also boost progesterone levels after ovulation. I don't have a LPD, but do have low progesterone at 7 DPO on unmedicated cycles. My progesterone levels have always been fine on medicated cycles.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"