March 2012 Moms

Moms of 2 - a question

I know it's way early to be thinking about this, but I'm watching Craigslist for strollers.  What is your stroller setup?  We have a Snap N Go and a City Mini.  I was going to look for a City Mini double for after this baby is born.  DS will be 3, so I know he'll still need a stroller for some of the time.  What do you use?  I'm assuming I probably would need the Snap N Go some of the time (like if we're going to the park or something, where DS could walk, but the baby would be in the carseat) but if we go somewhere that DS would normally be in a stroller for some of the time (zoo, county fair, long walk, etc) then I'd probably need a double.  I don't have a carseat adapter though.  Once this baby is 6ish months, it won't be an issue - I can put them both in the double, it's just the time period before that.  Anyway, what do/did you use when your 2nd was too little to sit up in a regular stroller?
image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
52 books in 2015?           
image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   

Re: Moms of 2 - a question

• I don't have two kids (and won't!) but my kid at 2 is totally done with the stroller other than some very special circumstance and, even then, it's short because he wants to walk or ride on my shoulders. I would think by 3, the need for a stroller to sit in would be nearly nonexistent and maybe not worth spending more to get a big double. Once your baby is old enough, a wagon would probably be better for major outings like the zoo or Disney (and by better, I mean better tolerated by the older one). Or what about one of those sit and stand ones, where you can have the baby up front and the bigger kid rides on the back while you push? I could be way off because I have a anti-stroller kid but that was just my first thought.

• We didn't hardly use the car seat in the stroller and we used the stroller every weekend the summer DD was born, starting at 3mo. The stroller laid down pretty flat. My plan is the buy a regular double stroller where the back seat lays down pretty far. I'm already checking yard sales, consignment stores, etc. and I'm not even pg yet. lol

I have the stroller she had when she was little, her Jeep umbrella stroller, and then we will have a double. I wouldn't want to store any more than that.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Loading the player...
  • SignificantSignificant member
    edited June 2014
    We just had dd2 about two months ago and I've had the same question/problem. I'd like to get the citi mini double but was waiting until dd2 is 5+ months or can sit up on her own to avoid buying the carsest adaptor.

So far if we're doing a quick errand to the mall I was having dd1 walk while I used my snap n go until one day she didn't want to. She decided to stand on the basket and puts her body between the handle and the metal handle that is parallel to it while holding onto that metal one. It's hard to explain without looking at the stroller but actually works really well. I wouldn't let go of the stroller though because I wouldn't want her to lean back and tip it.

For long walks in the park or around the neighborhood I wear dd2 and push dd1 in her regular stroller.

You could get the glider board that attaches to the citi minus so lo1 can stand while lo2 is in the car seat stroller (I think it's about $60 new). I'd only do this if you're planning on having three in the future though (too soon to think about?!) because in a couple of years ds1 can stand and lo2 and lo3 could be in the double stroller.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ZimgerZimger member
    I wear DS #1 and use our stroller for DS #2 (but only on long walks). He keeps up pretty well for short trips.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks everyone.  DS does actually really like the stroller still.  Don't get me wrong, he loves walking, running, being carried, riding on shoulders too, but there are times where I need him contained and he doesn't mind it at all.  We go on long walks and I walk to the grocery store sometimes (on busy streets) so I need him in a stroller then.

@Significant, that totally makes sense.  I may opt for that and/or wearing baby #2 while pushing DS in a stroller until baby #2 is big enough for a regular double stroller.  I don't want to buy the adapter either if I can avoid it :)
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    52 books in 2015?           
  • According to the BabyJogger website says that the CityMini Double and CityMini GT Double can be used from birth without the carseat/adaptor, since the seats can lay flat independently of one another. https://www.babyjogger.com/support-center/#faqs (see how can I use my babyjogger with an infant?)

We have the CitySelect which we bought when DS was born. We will buy the second seat kit if we find that DS needs it...though we will just buy the glider board to start and see how that goes.
    I don't know why I didn't think of that!!!  The CityMini lays pretty flat too, I didn't think about the fact that the double would as well!  Sweet!!!!  Thanks for posting that link :)
    52 books in 2015?           
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"