Third-Party Reproduction

C-Section & Surrogacy

Has anyone been a surrogate AFTER a c-section? Or had IVF after a previous c-section(s)?? My first child was born via unplanned section and we plan on one more of our own and then hopefully be able to be a surrogate for my sister & her husband. Just curious if the section scarring has any impact on surrogacy or IVF? Thanks!

Re: C-Section & Surrogacy

• Considering this is so generous of you!
    We are IP to a woman who is a gestational carrier, so we are familiar with this area. She has not had a c-section, so I don't know an exact answer to your question. But, I haven't seen anything in all that I have read that disqualifies it.
    GL!

TTC #1 since 12/2010 DH: MFI, cancer survivor Me: Resected septate uterus, lap treated mild endo, tubes open, ovulate on own, autoimmune disease 3 Failed IUI's (2/2012, 4/2012, 6/2012) 
    IVF #1 August 2012. BFP! Beta #1 56.7 Beta #2 150 One baby, one heartbeat on 9/20/12! no h/b @7w6d. dandc @8w0d
    FET #1 December 2012, BFN
    FET #2 February 2013, no embies survived thaw
    IVF #2, BFP #2, Loss #2 March 2013, Scar tissue discovered, RPL testing,
    IVF #3, BFP #3, Loss #3 (twins) September 2013
    Hostile ute, moving onto Gestational Carrier!

GC/FET #1 of 1 5AA blast and 1 compacted blast, February 2014, BFP #4 on 3/1/2014!
    6w u/s 1 bean with h/b of 145 bpm, 8w u/s 187 bpm
    EDD 11/7/14. Please, please, please stick little one!

Praying unceasingly for a miracle. ALL welcome!

• edited June 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • sarahjerisarahjeri member
    edited June 2014
    I've had a C-section, we're doing IVF (FET) with either a VBAC or planned C-section.  I don't think a C-section scar should have any impact on IVF other than *maybe* implantation... but my OB didn't mention this as an issue to us - though that doesn't mean it's not the case.  I think everyone is different, but I have a friend who had 3 C-sections then was told she won't be able to have any more.  But that was 7 years ago, so things could be different now.  
    *****siggy*****
    Me: 33 (Mosaic Turner's Syndrome/POF) 
    DH: 35 (no male factor)
    3/10 - Foster Mr. T for 1 month
    3/11 - Foster AL for 1 year
    7/11 Known donor retrieval 7 fertilized 
    7/11 DE Transfer -BFP & 5 FE
    4/9/12 Miracle baby girl arrives!
    Planning for FET 7/14

• e74e74 member
    I had a c section with my first and then did ivf which resulted in our twin pregnancy. My RE never said anything about the previous c section being a factor... Good luck!
    DS#1 born 9/23/06 
    Twins DS#2 and 3 born at 31 weeks, 3 days due to a short cervix on 8/2/13.
  • Many agencies and RE's will have a limit as to how many c/s they will allow a GS to have.  Most agencies/clinics will allow 3 previous c/s.  I had a c/s with my twins then was a surrogate hoping for a VBAC.  I ended up with a RCS and I'm now matched with another couple and planning on a VBA2C.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"