Parenting after 35
Options

Zzzzz

Why. Must. I. Be. So. Tired. Every. Single. Day. As. If. I. Never. Sleep?
Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.

Re: Zzzzz

• Options
    steverstever member

What's sad is that you get used to it. Blerg.

• Options
    You do, don't you?? You get used to walking around in a sort of permanent zombified state. Sigh.

My baby has no idea she's only 6 months old. She's all over the place. All she wants to do is wallk and pull herself up on things. She can walk holding on and can even stand holding on with only one hand, but she's not steady yet so most of my day is spent trying to allow her to work at it and explore but keep her from bonking her head. She needs a helmet!

Mommy is exhausted.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @guennie - Wow, your DD is growing up so fast!  My DD hasn't even mastered crawling yet.  She can scootch backwards, but can't figure out how to move forward!  :-)

And I hear you on the tired thing.  We have been doing swim lessons this week, plus had weird day care as my normal providers have been on vacation this week.  So we leave the house earlier than normal, she stays with people she isn't used to, I leave work an hour early to get her and get to swim lessons on time, stop and get something to eat on the way home (I tried to cook Monday after lessons, that was a joke), then it's time to feed LO, bathe her and get her to bed.  It's been non-stop all week.  Typing this just reminded me to call and make a pedicure appointment this weekend!  I need spoiling!
  • Options

You do get used to it.  DS1 is just starting to STTN (no wake ups) and he's almost 3!  DS2 is 7 months old (up 1-4 times a night), teething, and growing like a weed.  He just started crawling Wednesday night.  Its slow and a bit unsteady but he's doing it and getting better every day.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Geeps2Geeps2 member
    I hear ya!  I have meeting out the ying yang this time of year and today I was mid sentence and for the life of me couldn't find the words I wanted to say.  I sounded like a ding dong.  It was great!!!  Luckily the parents I met with also have a little one at home so they understood my lack of a brain.  It is sad that you do get used to it. 

How are you feeling btw?  Getting any better?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I am improving. I'm down to just one pump a day and I only get 2 ounces. I really think my body just doesn't respond well to pumping. Now that it isn't working so hard it's relaxing a bit. I really really hope when I stop altogether I will get back to normal.

I will say though, people sure don't tell you what to expect while weaning. My hormones have been all over the place and I've had horrible random af cramping without af. And af is all over the place too. It'll be nice when it's all over. I'm emotionally having a really hard time letting go of this last pump though.
  • Options
    Geeps2Geeps2 member
    Glad to hear things are starting to slowly improve.  I understand what you mean about stopping pumping and having a hard time.  I remember when I was still nursing my daughter and we were trying to have another baby and I had to wean completely to even get my period back.  I felt horrible letting go of that last session.  It was sad.  I was ready to be done but yet I wasn't also.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Right, it's such a mixed pot of emotions. On the one hand I'm so ready to be rid of this physical burden, but on the other hand I am providing for my baby and all of my motherly instincts are all tangled up in it, and it makes me unbelievably sad to think of letting it go.
  • Options
    Guennie said:
    Right, it's such a mixed pot of emotions. On the one hand I'm so ready to be rid of this physical burden, but on the other hand I am providing for my baby and all of my motherly instincts are all tangled up in it, and it makes me unbelievably sad to think of letting it go.
    @Guennie and @Geeps2: I know exactly how you feel! I weaned DS at 14 months in order to start TTC in earnest. No one told me that my hormones would go completely bananas and I would cry at the drop of the hat for several days. Also, I just hated to wean before we were both ready. 

Once the hormones subsided, it was much better. And now we still have cuddle time, and I treasure that so much. @Guennie: Maybe you can start new routines like snuggle time before sleep. 

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"