January 2014 Moms
Options

Which ST method book?

blue_elleblue_elle member
edited June 2014 in January 2014 Moms
BTDT mom's, which ST book do you recommend? Assume you can only buy one, which would it be?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

Which ST method book? 81 votes

Ferber
17% 14 votes
No-Cry Sleep Solution
7% 6 votes
Healthy Sleep Habits
17% 14 votes
Baby Wise
2% 2 votes
Sleepeasy
6% 5 votes
Other (respond below)
49% 40 votes

Re: Which ST method book?

• Options
    Other/ss.... I want to see the votes as I am trying to find a ST book/method that works for baby girl.

our little flower born 01.13.14
  • Options
    I read Ferber, and sleep easy is on the way
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    pinkyxboo said:

Other/ss.... I want to see the votes as I am trying to find a ST book/method that works for baby girl.

Damn, forgot that option

-----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• Options
    Ferber for DD and we'll use the same method for DS if necessary.

• Options
    Ferber is the best imo. Easy to read and concise. Healthy sleep habits was the other one I read, but it wasn't as easy a read and his method changed too much for different scenarios and I couldn't quite figure out what he was truly advocating. Although he is best known for his total extinction method, he rarely talked about it.
  • Options
    I said HSH. It's a little hard to follow but I found it to be a great resource even beyond the infant years.

• Options
    So is sleep training something I definitely need to do? He generally STTN but is going through some baby shit right now and requires on MOTN soothing..

PCOS diagnosed secondary infertility

BFP #1 (letrozole 2.5mg + ovidrel) February 2016, MMC April 2016 @ 7 weeks

BFP #2 (letrozole 5mg + ovidrel) July 2016, Beta #1 359, Beta #2 745, Beta #3 11484

EDD April 9th, 2017

• Options
    So is sleep training something I definitely need to do? He generally STTN but is going through some baby shit right now and requires on MOTN soothing..
    It's definitely not something you need to do. Some babies are good sleepers and don't need drastic measures especially if whatever routine you are doing works for you and your family. There are always going to be times of sleep regressions during the younger years and they will occur whether or not you are sleep training; however, if you feel your LO is picking up bad sleep associations and they are becoming disruptive, then ST can be considered as a solution. 
  • Options
    PreDempseyPreDempsey member
    edited June 2014

Thanks for the clarification @tarajeannette

ALSO, that bonnet?!?!!? I can't even stand how cute it is.

edit to thanks Marbs toooooo

PCOS diagnosed secondary infertility

BFP #1 (letrozole 2.5mg + ovidrel) February 2016, MMC April 2016 @ 7 weeks

BFP #2 (letrozole 5mg + ovidrel) July 2016, Beta #1 359, Beta #2 745, Beta #3 11484

EDD April 9th, 2017

• Options
    I didn't read any books on sleep training with DS1. He nursed to sleep for a very long time, and didn't start STTN until he was 13 months old. It kind of sucked, so this time around I'm reading Ferber, and when I'm done with that one I have "The No Cry Sleep Solution" already downloaded. I'll decide from there which method I think will work better for DS2. So far I think that Ferber's book has a lot of interesting information.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I also SS'd because I wanted to see the answers.

@chuggingwater and I are twins in all the things. I am reading Ferber and Sleep Easy is on the way. In the FB group it seems like a blend of those two methods is what's working for a handful of moms.

SIL bought me HSH but after flipping through it and reading Amazon reviews I didn't feel like it was for me.

DD is sleeping well right now but she's in the RnP. Our last crib transition was AWFUL but I gave in and said I would try again after the Bahamas. Welp. It's after the Bahamas and H is pushing... HOLD ME!

Also, my mom offered to spend the weekend with us when/if we decide to sleep train. My brother and I are products of CIO to extinction so she's got the backbone needed for this kind of thing. I'm woman enough to admit that I just don't.

Married: 9.22.12 - DD: 1.7.14 - EDD 2: 10.30.17 - J14 OG
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"