Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Honest Company Bundles: Opinions from those who have used the service

After a lot of research on different diaper options, I am considering going with The Honest Company, but I have a few questions. The $79.95 bundles seem like an okay deal to me, but as a FTM, I'm not really sure. Your input on the following would be really helpful if you have ordered their bundles in the past. Thanks! :)

-Do the diaper/wipes bundles REALLY last you for an entire month, or do you find yourself running short?
-How do you feel about the quality of the products?
-How easy was it to cancel or change the sizing of diapers needed? Their website says it's easy to do, but is their customer service helpful and easy to use?
-Any other thoughts?

Re: Honest Company Bundles: Opinions from those who have used the service

• I've used the Honest Bundles since my baby was born! I LOVE them. The quality is great and the price for what you get is spot on, for now. I think I'll do some more research as she gets older to see if it's still worth it. The older they get the less diapers you get obviously b/c they need less, but you'll still pay the $80/month. But I love them so much, it may be worth it! :)

The bundles last me more then a month, in fact I'm not getting a bundle for the month of June because I have so many extras.

The quality is fantastic, I put my daughter in cheap Target diapers before she grew out of  them, and she instantly got a rash, she had never gotten a rash with the Honest Diapers before.

Changing your patterns is super easy, Honest will send you email reminders to update your bundles so you don't forget! Canceling on the other hand is a little more tricky, you have to call and cancel, which I hate doing! But I think it's probably just a simple phone call. Their customer service is great. My sister in law does the honest Co too and she had some issues with her bundle and they gave her a free month and free products.

I also do the honest essential bundles, cleaning products & baby care, and highly recommend that as well!

Sorry this is so long! I love the honest co and like to promote them! The only thing to watch out for, is Honest is launching in Target now. Not sure what that will do to pattern availability, right now their stock is really low on patterns, and what it could do to their customer service. We will all stay tuned! :)
  • @amafro24 Girl, don't apologize for being too detailed! This is exactly the type of info I was looking for! ;) 
  • Loading the player...
  • I've done the honest diaper and wipe bundle for the past two months. I find that the diapers and wipes last about 5weeks so I generally push my delivery date out a bit.

I think the product quality is great. We had been using Whole Foods diapers as they were the cheapest chemical free diaper we found that were good quality. Honest is a few cents more per diaper, but with the wipes it makes it worth it. Plus you can't beat the home delivery.

Changing delivery dates and options are super easy on their site. I haven't cancelled, but read that they require you to call....because they want to hear about your experience.

So far, they are great. I don't plan on making a change any time soon.
    Can't figure out the signature thing, so here's the short, short version.....first daughter born on November 10, 2013. She was conceived through the magic of IVF after 2+ years of TTC.
  • I've been using the diapers and wipes for months now with my two girls and LOVE them!! I've never run out before the next delivery and the whole process is super convenient. I feel like I use less diapers because they are more absorbent and durable than other brands I've tried. In the past, I've used pampers, huggies, luvs, seventh gen, earths best, and target brand and they either leaked or caused a rash on my oldest DD. I have never had an issue with the Honest brand. I also get their essentials bundle and really like the products offered. I am a huge fan of the brand and will continue to use their diapers and wipes until my girls are potty trained!!

Also, the customer service is super helpful and if you need to cancel its a very easy phone call.

Good luck, they're definitely worth trying!!
  • I loved the product line and really wanted to love the diapers (SO FRIGGEN CUTE!) but they just didn't work for my LO; sadly they didn't fit her as well as Pampers or even the Up & Up.  Just remember that every baby is different
  • LC122LC122 member
    I'll offer a dissenting opinion. I tracked my first child's diaper changes on an app, so I knew exactly how many she was using per month. It was more than the monthly shipment from Honest. I'm surprised people have said they lasted them 5 weeks. Maybe not everybody changes them after each wetting. Gross. Hopefully their babies just don't go as often. I called Honest to ask about the numbers in the shipments and their advice was to move the shipping date up, so you'd be paying every 3 weeks or so instead of 4. No thanks.
    Anyway, all this to say that it wouldn't work for us. We got the sample pack and the products were fine but it wasn't worth it to us.
  • I have not tried them but am curious. I wanted to add that I saw packages of Honest diaper/wipes at Costco last weekend. Maybe you could try them out for a while that way before committing. Pampers has worked fine for us. I've bought cheap store brand ones for daycare because they change DS every hour. We go through tons!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We were doing the diaper/wipe bundle, but have just stopped.  I liked the patterns, but DS was having a few too many leaks.  Plus I just read an article that their wipes weren't as all natural as they were saying they are.

I did like how they were delivered right to my door, and I did think that they lasted me more than a month, and it was easy to change sizes and patterns.    It was fun while it lasted, but ends up it's just not for us.
    January siggy challenge: winter weather fails

• Thanks for all of the honest (haha… no pun intended!) opinions that have helped me to make a decision! :) 
  • I love these diapers too. We use cloth mostly, but we use 'sposies at night and when we're out and about. I just order the service for a month and then cancel it so I get the good prices. :-P
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• I love these diapers too. We use cloth mostly, but we use 'sposies at night and when we're out and about. I just order the service for a month and then cancel it so I get the good prices. :-P
    Good to know! I have an awesome coupon offer I would like to use that would make the diapers half the price of what I would pay at Target or another baby store, but my due date is in September and the coupon expires July 30. I think I'll order a bundle and call to cancel/defer until I would need more. 
  • I love Honest Co diapers and the other products.  My baby girl both rash both pampers and huggies.  we used Earths Best and Seventh Generation but they seemed rough but no rashes.  Honest co is soft, no rashes and CUTE!  They are very easy to order and change date of delivery.  I also love the diaper creams,  body wash and lotions.  They have a WONDERFUL spray leave in conditioner that works great for my older kids to get rid of bed head and it smells great.  I also have started using cleaning products and really like them.  Bug spray is VERY strong but seems to work well.  Just started using sun screen and seems nice, kids have not gotten rash from it and they are sensitive to many products.  Basically...I get diaper bundle and essentials and love them both!  Customer service has been amazing.
  • m613m613 member
    -Do the diaper/wipes bundles REALLY last you for an entire month, or do you find yourself running short?  I have yet to run short.  If anything, I have several packs of wipes leftover from month to month.  If you find yourself running short, you can always move up your shipment.

-How do you feel about the quality of the products?  Great quality.  Never had any issues.

-How easy was it to cancel or change the sizing of diapers needed? Their website says it's easy to do, but is their customer service helpful and easy to use?  I've never dealt with a more friendly company.  I had 4 packs of unopened diapers and that ended up being too small.  When I called, they were so nice and since it was my first return they waived the $10 return fee.  If you need to split your bundle for sizes, it's easy to do so also. 

-Any other thoughts?  Great deal for great products.  One thing though- as your baby gets bigger, don't trust the size the diapers go up to.  Example- the size 2s fit from 12-18lbs.  We had to switch her to size 3s (16-28 lbs) when she was about 15.5lbs due to diaper leakage.  But I'm sure that's with any diapers.  You eventually figure out when the diapers are too small and get the bigger size.

Target also sells these now, but to me, it's cheaper to do the bundles.  I add on travel wipes every other month and it's cheaper to "add-on" than to buy in the store. 
  • bohemianlcbohemianlc member
    edited August 2014

m613 said:

Target also sells these now, but to me, it's cheaper to do the bundles.  I add on travel wipes every other month and it's cheaper to "add-on" than to buy in the store. 
    Yeah, I number-crunched the price difference between ordering a bundle and buying individual packs at Target, and it seems like they end up being approx. the same price per diaper, but with the bundles, you're also receiving the wipes essentially for free, which is awesome. I do love that Target carries so many of the Honest products now, though! I have tried the body wash/shampoo, multi surface spray, dryer sheets, detergent, and belly balm and loved all of them! :) 

I ordered a diaper bundle with my coupon code and figure that if they don't work for us, I can always pass them on to a friend. Unfortunately my credit card was charged twice for one transaction, but I called their customer service line as soon as I noticed the extra charge on my account and they were super friendly. The additional charge was back in my account within two business days. I have heard some horror stories online of people waiting for hours to speak with a customer service rep, but I only waited for maybe 2 or 3 minutes before being connected to someone who was very helpful. She was also great about canceling my bundle subscription until I find out if they work for our baby (I hope they do!). 

Thanks again for all of the feedback and for sharing your experiences, ladies! 
  • NewMrsMacCNewMrsMacC member
    edited October 2014
    LO is 6 month old this week and we have been using honest company home delivery diapers and wipes in the bundle since she was one month old. The diapers are super cute and there is always plenty in the bundle for us, in fact, I had 2 packages left when my next box came. (there are 40 diapers in a pack inside the bundle what I believe 6 packs). I had it scheduled for every 5 weeks delivery, but moved it up to a 6 week delivery- and still seem to have at least one package from the previous bundle left when the new box arrives! I think the price is great for the product it's cute and the fact that you get the large package of wipes definitely has made it worth it to us!

I will tell you the only problem we have had with honest company diapers... they don't seem to work well as overnight diapers.. My solution is I keep a small 30 pack of Pampers Baby Dry in a size up and I put those on DD at night before she goes to bed.. this is only about $10 a month and keeps her dry at night. Overall I would definitely recommend their diapers and wipes bundle package, it's a great price for what you receive, and having a few left over so that you never run out of diapers is definitely a good thing!

• Me personally having two kids I think they are super cute but too expensive. I would rather save on diapers and wipes. One I don't live in floriday where you are looking at a diaper all the time and two I personally wanted the wet line for when my boys are super little so I'm not wasting and constantly changing diapers that aren't really dirty. I found myself wasting so many diapers. Two if you like a specific pattern they don't always have it for every size. Again just my two cents. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• I agree.. I would never use for over night. I only use Huggies for night time. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• I love the honest products and actually get their essential bundle but i don't get their diaper bundle. It's just too expensive.  instead, I use the Earth's Best diapers using amazon mom so i get them at 20% off (I have amazon prime anyway so it wasn't a diaper specific cost to join amazon mom). They aren't as cute but they work just as well and my LO doesn't have his diaper exposed all day anyway.
    Rachel (a.k.a. The Analytical Mommy.com and @analyticalmommy on IG)
    I'm just trying to make sense of things :-) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"