Two Under 2

Book Recs?

Mine won't exactly be 2u2, but right at exactly 2 years apart. I'm getting to the point in my pregnancy where I'm wanting to do some reading/research/preparation but don't know where to start.

Last pregnancy I read all the pregnancy, parenting, breastfeeding books, but I still feel pretty fresh on those. Any recs for books about introducing a new sibling at this young age or how to anticipate planning nap times or daily routines, anything like that?

My hospital has a course for new big siblings but the minimum age is 3. I know my 22 month old doesn't and can't really understand how life is about to change, but maybe I could at least try to wrap my head around it.

TIA!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Book Recs?

• I would look for social stories that are age appropriate and talk about being a big brother or sister and a new baby in the house.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine are 17 months apart. We got Joana Cole's "I'm a Big Brother" and tried to read that to DS1 every day. It's one of his favorites now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • +MeganS+ said:
    Mine are 17 months apart. We got Joana Cole's "I'm a Big Brother" and tried to read that to DS1 every day. It's one of his favorites now!
    We have this also except the I'm a Big Sister version.  We read it a lot towards the pregnancy and after the baby came.  Mine are 19.5 mos apart.

As far as books for you I read the same books I read the first pregnancy.  
  • LC122LC122 member
    If you are looking for longer term books for you, you might try Siblings Without Rivalry, same authors as How to Talk so Your Kids Will Listen and Listen so your Kids Will Talk.
    The Sibling Effect - more about how siblings have an effect on each other than how to parent multiple kids necessarily.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"