Parenting after a Loss

body image issues - advice? been there?

Hello ladies,
I have only posted a few times here. I'm really upset with myself and my body right now and I don't know how to get past it. I laid in bed talking to my husband last night and crying because I'm so disgusted with myself. I wasn't the weight I wanted to be when I got pregnant but had lost a little right before. Of course I gained what I had lost quickly once I was pregnant. My uterus hasn't completely shrunk yet the doctor said I have about 5 or 6 more pounds to go with that so there is that but then there is still another 40-60 pounds I need to lose. I know what I need to do but food isn't very appealing right now and I don't feel like cooking. So I'm kind of just eating what is available when I need to ear. We have been riding bikes as a family at night I take my 4 year old in the bike trailer it's nice time to talk to my husband and get a little exercise but it's not enough. I was a runner before and would like to get back to that but it's not possible right now with our schedule I don't think. So my major issues are that I'm disgusted with myself I have no clothes that fit except maternity clothes and feeling this way makes me pull away from my husband and I don't want to do that. The other thing is that we want to try again in about 2 months and I don't want to be the weight I am now when we get pregnant again afterwards would be so much harder. OK rant over any advide?

Re: body image issues - advice? been there?

• BootsOrHeartsBootsOrHearts member
    edited June 2014

I could have written this myself. I don't know the answer either. I'm trying to get up early and workout before the baby wakes up but I keep sleeping through my alarm. And I know 90% of the problem is eating better but I've always had this love/hate relationship with food (I love it, my thighs hate it), even when I was thinner though I had a better shot at controlling my cravings when I didn't have a baby and a million other things to worry about.

I guess at the end of the day you have to really search your soul and decide: do you want to eat/exercise however you want and not worry about it and learn to be comfortable in your own skin? Or will you never be happy until you lose the weight? I don't know which camp I'm in yet, it's still up in the air. :-D 

**Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• It's always hard to lose weight after a pregnancy.  We have had extra pregnancies that make it harder to lose the weight.  I keep reminding myself that it took 3 pregnancies to get here and it's not going to magically disappear overnight.  

I try to be more active in life, rather than scheduled "exercise".  I am working more in the garden and dealing with our new animals this spring (we live on a farm). Making it part of your regular life helps to make it more sustainable.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage
    BFP #1 - 01/12/12, EDD 09/12/12, Medical Induction @ 21 weeks 05/03/12
    BFP #2 - 10/30/12, EDD 07/04/13, Natural m/c @ 5 weeks 11/01/12
    BFP #3 - 02/07/13, EDD 10/12/13
    Dx: Incompotent Cervix

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • ellebelle2384ellebelle2384 member
    edited June 2014
    rlajambe with trying to just build in more activity in the day.  When I try to schedule a workout something usually disrupts that (either DD having sleep issues, work, etc.) so the best way I've found to manage is just focus on small goals and adding more activity into my day.  You'll get there.  One step at a time.
    Me: 31     DH: 33
    Dx: Me: Recurrent Pregnancy Loss; DH: Low Morphology (2%)
    BFP#1: MC 3/1/11 at 6w1d - EDD 10/21/11
    BFP#2: 5/3/11 - EDD 1/9/12 - DD Born 1/6/12
    TTC #2 since 12/13
    BFP#3: MC 2/8/14 at 4w5d - EDD 10/13/14
    BFP#4: MC 5/6/14 at 4w4d - EDD 1/9/15
    BFP#5: MMC discovered 8/4/14 at 9w1d - D&C 8/5/14 - Baby Boy with Trisomy 16 (maternal origin) - EDD 3/8/15
    BFP#6: CP 11/6/14 at 4w2d - EDD 7/14/15
    IVF #1 with ICSI & PGS: May/June 2015, ER 6/3/15, 17R/17M/15F
    IVF #2 with ICSI & PGS: July 2015, ER 7/16/15, 16R/11M/9F
    PGS results = 6 normal embryos (4 boys, 2 girls)
    FET 9/23/15 = BFFN
    Natural FET 11/4/15 = BFP!
    Beta 9dp5dt = 92

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"