Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Baby Einstein Sea Dreams Soother

Hi, I have been wondering how to get my 19 week old to learn to fall asleep on her own? I recently ran across the Baby Einstein Sea Dreams Soother.  Has anyone had any luck with that in getting their babies to sleep on their own? Any other tips? 

Answers

• Options
    flclflcl member
    Hi there.  My LO just turned 3 mos and getting him to fall asleep on his own is something I need to work on.  On a few rare occasions, I've been able to put him down drowsy and he'll fall asleep (usually for his first nap and sometime at bedtime).  More often than not, I need to nurse him to sleep.  I've read that putting soothers and musical mobiles may not be the best at getting babies to sleep, that it actually keeps them awake since it's so entertaining.  That's definitely the case for my LO but all babies are different.  Right now, we have a bedtime routine and a shortened mini nap routine.  Eventually, we're going to work on LO NOT nursing to sleep.  

Have you seen the site:  https://www.troublesometots.com ?  It's got some good info on sleep training (if you're interested in going that route) and it's a fun/easy read compared to a lot of the sleep books out there.  (I have the Weissbluth book, great but not an easy read.)  GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"